Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira GT4 - Page 8 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira GT4

Bibs

• Gold FFM

Oh well, it could have been something to look forward to from Hethel. They used to be exceptional at low volume motor sport derivative models. 

8 hours ago, blindside said:

They used to be exceptional at low volume

You could have ended the sentence there. 

• Like 1

The first four words would have done.

Lotus is now just another Chinese EV manufacturer chasing the prestige/premium market with Hyper performant versions of 2.5ton behemoths packed full of over hyped technology.

The new saloon is over 5m long for instance.

I applaud the development of the Emira GT4, but without proper motorsport support to drive ongoing development it won't reach its full potential. How is Lotus supporting the GT4? And racing teams and owners? Would be good to hear more.

Contrast Lotus GT4 efforts with the vision and support of Ginetta CEO Lawrence Tomlinson and the work they are doing to secure their motorsports future, nurture talent, etc.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Very sadly you’ve hit the nail firmly on the head Andy. 
I had a test drive in the new Vantage a few weeks ago. It’s a proper animal, looks fantastic and although not quite in the serious track car category, (weight alone would prevent that), it ticks a lot of boxes.
At least Aston are still “doing it” and more importantly still see a firm demand/market opportunity for ICE performance cars.

• Love 2

The new EV only sports car is 3 years away, until then the Emira will likely soldier on in 2.0 turbo form only.

The electric sports car market will be radically different in 2027 and I suspect Lotus entry to it will be at the premium end, with a £100k "hyper" (oh how lotus 2.0 loves that word...) price to go with it.

Lotus will be stuck in the middle of a fierce battleground.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lotus will be stuck in the middle of a fierce battleground.

A lot of military analogies spring to mind. Not all of them favourable.

• Like 1