Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
0-60....impressive over book figures - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

0-60....impressive over book figures

karluk29

Hi guys

I know it's about handling before ppl start ha ha

Always a laugh to do a 0-60 pull to see, well very very impressed. I'm in a NA IPS and book says 4.9-5secs. 

With GPS timer etc. 4.6secs, Impressed, in manual mode and I didn't left foot brake off the start either so maybe 4.5secs.

Anyone tried it and got under book, tbh with my. Other lotus's I noticed the factory slightly down play there numbers especially top end.

(I have removed the exhaust,,,, soooo heavy, and has a plack style from the manifold, so that will help weight wise) 

Screenshot_20210502_094958.jpg

• Like 1

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well it's Japanese (shhhh) so I hope bulletproof ish. Tbh it's the first time I have done (just on a whim while at Screwfix ha ha ha) it was fully warmed up, mine gets very little angry driving as its a daily to work. I'm more a look at me person ha ha. A lot of body mods are planned. Wish there was a proper turbo upgrade for the NA. I know it's been done but never sold on the market. 

Edited by karluk29
  • Like 1

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• Gold FFM

Should be fine to launch an IPS. Left foot hold launch might cause some strain on the torque converter if held for too long outside of that no worries about mechanicals really.

0-60 tests were pretty vague anyway. When did Lotus test it? On what surface? You probably want a nice sunny but slightly crisp day so the tarmac is warm but the air cool enough to give max power. What tyres are you on? PS4s will give a better launch than the pirelli they will have been using, Cup 2s better again. So on...

I rarely feel the NA needs more poke. Only when overtaking really. I prefer that occasional feeling to the frustration of rarely being able to deploy what it does have.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, karluk29 said:

Hi guys

I know it's about handling before ppl start ha ha

Always a laugh to do a 0-60 pull to see, well very very impressed. I'm in a NA IPS and book says 4.9-5secs. 

With GPS timer etc. 4.6secs, Impressed, in manual mode and I didn't left foot brake off the start either so maybe 4.5secs.

Anyone tried it and got under book, tbh with my. Other lotus's I noticed the factory slightly down play there numbers especially top end.

(I have removed the exhaust,,,, soooo heavy, and has a plack style from the manifold, so that will help weight wise) 

Screenshot_20210502_094958.jpg

Impressive. What would happen if you added another 83 feet? Gotta be faster surely but not sure of the space under the floor for 300 feet.

image.jpeg.e22776743069486912d426095100de80.jpeg

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, TdM said:

Should be fine to launch an IPS. Left foot hold launch might cause some strain on the torque converter if held for too long outside of that no worries about mechanicals really.

0-60 tests were pretty vague anyway. When did Lotus test it? On what surface? You probably want a nice sunny but slightly crisp day so the tarmac is warm but the air cool enough to give max power. What tyres are you on? PS4s will give a better launch than the pirelli they will have been using, Cup 2s better again. So on...

I rarely feel the NA needs more poke. Only when overtaking really. I prefer that occasional feeling to the frustration of rarely being able to deploy what it does have.

I'm on errr..... Shite no names on the rear and neros on the front. It came with them on with lots of tread so will buy better tyres when they need replacing. 

I just launched it on a random bypass near my house which makes the time even more impressive. How accurate it is I don't know but I made sure I sat there 15secs so all GPS was OK. (cars coming the other way did look at me funny ha ha). 

I am reluctant doing a left foot launch tbh. Maybe a quick 2000rpm and go but nothing silly and only once. 

If I really wanted to go for it I would take it to Pod on a glued launch (my mate is one of the race directors) but not interested, I just thought it would be a fun experiment. 

It does run out of a little puff over 140mph I know that. Shame as my esprit GT3 was still going at 173mph.

Edited by karluk29

41 minutes ago, karluk29 said:

I'm on errr..... Shite no names on the rear and neros on the front. It came with them on with lots of tread so will buy better tyres when they need replacing. 

I just launched it on a random bypass near my house which makes the time even more impressive. How accurate it is I don't know but I made sure I sat there 15secs so all GPS was OK. (cars coming the other way did look at me funny ha ha). 

I am reluctant doing a left foot launch tbh. Maybe a quick 2000rpm and go but nothing silly and only once. 

If I really wanted to go for it I would take it to Pod on a glued launch (my mate is one of the race directors) but not interested, I just thought it would be a fun experiment. 

It does run out of a little puff over 140mph I know that. Shame as my esprit GT3 was still going at 173mph.

Crappy no name tyres might never wear out... just get some proper ones. Life’s too short to have a sports car on shit tyres.

• Like 2

Maybe it was 0-62mph, looked at a few numbers but the lowest is 4.9secs for ips box 0-60mph and 5secs 100km. So 4.6secs is still under. 

9 hours ago, karluk29 said:

made sure I sat there 15secs so all GPS was OK

This might be an issue.

iirc, gps isn’t very accurate with acceleration.
It’s very good when you’re moving at relatively steady speed but it has a latency that can’t keep up when accelerating.

Pretty sure it said so in the small print of some app or gadget that I had.

yeah i did wonder on the accuracy but it was worth a go :), thats the reason i stayed in one position for a bit

just realised i did it slightly up hill (0.5 gradient i would say or less  as i bike the road) and 3/4 tank as well.

If there is lag in working out that it has started moving won't there be the same lag in detecting that it has got to 60?

Is the lag a computational thing to do with the performance of the recording device? Or is it to do with how often the GPS signal is sampled?

Some years ago I used a mobile phone with a speedometer app for a short while on a previous car. The phone wasn't very powerful and the lag was obvious but it saved me getting a speeding ticket.

Get a cheap bluetooth OBD reader from ebay, get the free torque app on your phone and you can do 0-60/62 tests, in gear pulls etc and it is all registered onboard using the ECU/satellite etc and fairly reliable. However, personally, I never subject my cars to a screaming launch from standstill. Once moving, yes, I'll floor it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc, but I will not rev it out to 3,4k revs then dump the clutch to launch.  I just do not see the point of putting the clutch and transmission through that pain.

It's like spinning up the wheel and laying down the rubber or doing doughnuts. Just do not see the point. Maybe I'm just an old fart. (well, I am actually. And a grumpy one too)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just been reading the GPS Wikipedia page with regard to accuracy and standard home devices may only be accurate to a few metres for geo-location whereas surveying equipment will use additional features for additional accuracy.

Still OK to stop you getting a speeding ticket though.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Get a cheap bluetooth OBD reader from ebay, get the free torque app on your phone and you can do 0-60/62 tests, in gear pulls etc and it is all registered onboard using the ECU/satellite etc and fairly reliable. However, personally, I never subject my cars to a screaming launch from standstill. Once moving, yes, I'll floor it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc, but I will not rev it out to 3,4k revs then dump the clutch to launch.  I just do not see the point of putting the clutch and transmission through that pain.

It's like spinning up the wheel and laying down the rubber or doing doughnuts. Just do not see the point. Maybe I'm just an old fart. (well, I am actually. And a grumpy one too)

Well us IPS ppl have an advantage here, it does a lot less damage

i always said i wouldn't go auto and im still not used to the manual paddles but the car was not a bad price and low miles

as for accuracy, i assume its not smack on at all, but then my speedo is horrendously out, the only way is proper equipment
or speed/timing traps on drag strips.

just a bit of fun. wonder what lotus used. maybe fred the farmer in a field counting 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi :) :) :) 

37 minutes ago, karluk29 said:

maybe fred the farmer in a field counting 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi :) :) :) 

That would be 1 Turnip, 2 Turnips, 3 Turnips,.........

• Like 1

The small print.