Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Livery/Colour Options - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Livery/Colour Options

Which General Colour/Livery would you go for?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Damn, I am getting excited and there is a year to go - even worse if you want some fancy options!! 😬

Forget the engine size, seats, gearbox, etc, it's all about the colour! 😁

For those of you who are Lotus owners, will you stick with the same colour or will you go for something different.

Often, the launch colour used by all the journos dictates the most likely purchase.

Anyway, assuming they offer the same overall palette as seen on https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/model/lotus-exige-cup-430-final-edition/#configure

Which GENERAL colour scheme in the poll would you want on  your Emira?

You can add the specific colour in the thread.

Edited by Evotion

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I always start off with Verde mantis only for the boss to tone it down although I thought the yellow on our GT430 was a very good compromise 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Yeah, love the yellow. It is now synonymous with Lotus sports cars but is it just TOO common?

I went for green, and probably a dark metallic green and if I cannot get the Type 38 made at factory then I will make it myself.

Next up, for the 4-cyl I quite fancy that Heritage metallic red with the gold quarter diagonal stripe.

Your pricing is mental for the special liveries. I paid (and would pay again) 3.5k for the sprint colour scheme on my V6 - picture below for reference, plus a few hundred more for the additional gold wheels, spoiler supports etc which is consistent with what Liquid yellow (now Pearl Yellow on that cup 430) cost at the time. I'd do it again but I don't expect it to be an available option for the launch editions.

From the available options I'd take a nice metallic blue. Persian blue ideally which is the blue on my old sprint, if not essex as per the 400. 

DSC_0085.JPG

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Your pricing is mental for the special liveries. I paid (and would pay again) 3.5k for the sprint colour scheme on my V6 - picture below for reference, plus a few hundred more for the additional gold wheels,

Yeah, ha, perhaps I am skewed by the triple layer Rossa Fuoco on the Ferraris being £21k  😁

At £3.5K I would 100% have a special livery. My favourite being the green with yellow.

I did mention this to the dealer when I put down my deposits and his answer was that at best it would delay when I get the car as their priority would be on getting as many new cars out as possible which will shove those buying bog standard cars up to the front.

That is fine with me - ish. It would be tough but waiting 3 or 4 more months for the spec I truly want is worth it for me.

Just now, brightoncorgi said:

I'd love to see a £5000 "paint to sample" option like other exotic marques do.

Yeah. Important if the launch colours number only a handful.

If they have colours like on that Evija configurator then it really wouldn't be needed.

Custom livery + PPF = Ceramic coat = Job done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evotion said:

I did mention this to the dealer when I put down my deposits and his answer was that at best it would delay when I get the car as their priority would be on getting as many new cars out as possible which will shove those buying bog standard cars up to the front.

That is fine with me - ish. It would be tough but waiting 3 or 4 more months for the spec I truly want is worth it for me.

I would rather wait to get the color or scheme I want as well.

I hope there are enough interior color choices and hopefully a tartan or some other fabric options! Not everyone wants leather and alcantara can be a little dull looking.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Ha - Not sure I could do tartan or check but I know what you mean.

I would settle for alcantara with body coloured stitching - and even better, internal use of the body colour paint.

• Gold FFM

I'm torn between Yellow (solid or liquid/pearl) or Laser Blue.  Every Lotus I've bought so far has been used/ex demo and although yellow was my first choice colour I've always ended up with something else to get the right spec and overall deal.

Emira will be my first new new Lotus, so might finally be my yellow one.  But I do love the Laser Blue on my Evora and it gets a lot of admiring comments.

Looking forward to seeing what colours are on the cars at Goodwood and the dealer events.

• Like 2

My first picks on colors would Tiffany Blue. Gulf Blue, Celestial Green, or Magnolia.  A pastel color would be awesome.

Edited by brightoncorgi

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

I've been lurking on these various Emira threads for a while now....time to come out I think now I've booked my Goodwood tickets!

What ever colour I go for in the end I think it has to be green, I think I need to see the car in the flesh to understand how the lighting affects the colour. Would love to go for the Type 38 look but cannot help feeling the lines of the Emira would better suit a colour like Vivid Green. I had a couple of Sciroccos a few years ago and both were Viper Green.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomE said:

Emira will be my first new new Lotus, so might finally be my yellow one.  But I do love the Laser Blue on my Evora and it gets a lot of admiring comments.

How about the mustard yellow with blue highlights!?

I doubt it will launch with livery options but to have some ability to change the colour of the ducts and skirting would be brilliant. I do not really want a solid one colour.  If I have to I will buy aftermarket adornments to spruce it up and personalise it a BIT.

At some point, we may get extensive personalised options as seen currently at https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/model/evija-configurator/#configure

2 hours ago, TomE said:

Looking forward to seeing what colours are on the cars at Goodwood and the dealer events.

I am hoping to see a blue, yellow and green. 

I'd LOVE to see them all with some contrast, maybe even some heritage liveries but that would only disappoint somebody like me, who wants that option, if they do not actually offer it at launch.

1 hour ago, brightoncorgi said:

My first picks on colors would Tiffany Blue. Gulf Blue, Celestial Green, or Magnolia.  A pastel color would be awesome.

Did Lotus ever run a Gulf livery in racing do you know?  If so, I would add that to my possibilities.

Always loved it on Porsche and always wanted a Gulf Tag Heuer watch 👍

1 hour ago, Dobbin145 said:

cannot help feeling the lines of the Emira would better suit a colour like Vivid Green. I had a couple of Sciroccos a few years ago and both were Viper Green.

oooh, yeah, the wicked greens on the Evija config look bloody epic:

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/model/evija-configurator/#configure

Talk about standing out - I love that :)

Edited by Evotion

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

Did Lotus ever run a Gulf livery in racing

I looked in to this earlier because I don't recall Lotus ever being sponsored by Golf. Although I love the colours it just doesn't seem quit right given the lack of heritage. Essex blue on the other hand.... mmmmm

1 minute ago, Dobbin145 said:

I looked in to this earlier because I don't recall Lotus ever being sponsored by Golf. Although I love the colours it just doesn't seem quit right given the lack of heritage. Essex blue on the other hand.... mmmmm

Yeah. As much as I love the livery of the Gulf colours I could not hijack the scheme on a marque that never wore it.

Luckily, I am a huge lover of the Green with Yellow stripes and also the JPS Black an Gold livery. Oh yes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Ali tuck said:

Talking of paint options-Just watched @JayEmm video on Lamborghini huracan evo-a painted stripe - just a painted stripe is………gulp- 21 grand!!!

my god

That is indeed ridiculous. Could do it your self for 5% of the price after but always better at the factory stage as it is a proper job in one.

• Gold FFM
On 22/05/2021 at 12:27, TomE said:

I'm torn between Yellow (solid or liquid/pearl) or Laser Blue.  Every Lotus I've bought so far has been used/ex demo and although yellow was my first choice colour I've always ended up with something else to get the right spec and overall deal.

I am in almost exactly the same position - but it's Yellow or Nightfall Blue for me.  I remember the Exige Roadster launch promo stuff in Nightfall blue, and saw one in the flesh at the Valet Pro day hosted by @Greg | ValetPro (which was excellent) and it looked stunning. 

I've been at either end of the colour choices with a Carbon Grey S and a Metallic Orange 400.  It will also be my first brand new Lotus but as I haven't been that fussed with the colours etc when I've bought the last two - it's been more about the right price, right timing, let's see what's available - I would rather get the car than worry about any custom stuff.  There's also a little matter of a European tour I'm doing with my Oppo in September next year, so if I'm overly picky I might be pushing the timings...😰

• Like 2

On 22/05/2021 at 15:13, Evotion said:

How about the mustard yellow with blue highlights!?

Would look better on a McLaren, very close to their corporate mango/blue.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yeah, that is not bad but not enough, for me, to beat the Green and Yellow or the JPS livery - Black and Gold.

Gold Leaf a la Rindt does it for me. Cracking car and a cracking driver.

image.jpeg.59cc330662ddc1a41bea7fcfdcb34b2d.jpeg

Looks superb on a modern Lotus too!

What a stunning beauty! Gold Leaf Evora GT430 - British Cars

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not seen that live green before. Along with dark green highlights it looks pretty good.

I simply want a livery that will stand out, 

I do NOT want anybody to mistake my lovely new car for a McLaren or other marque. 😆