Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Regret buying a final edition? - Page 4 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Regret buying a final edition?

Matt W

Update on the build of my car:

The good news is, as of this morning, there are no shortages regarding the car, so they can get on and finish it.

I wouldn't take it as read, as I wasn't told this, but hopefully that might also apply to any other Exiges at the same stage of build ;) 

It will need to follow normal process, so full geometry, water test, paint inspection, paint rectification, test and drive, audit and clean, inspection and detail before PTS, but hopefully that will be perhaps only 2-3 days or so.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matt W said:

Good news here too, had a set of photo's through from Lotus (thanks Scott Walker) showing mine coming off the production line. Pretty much the same story as @David Standing, more wet tests and will be completed by end of the week. 

Really think I need to reconsider the choice of seat covers though ...

MW1.jpg

Can't see mine in the background - I've a Fire Red Cup 250 which is due to be completed 11th Oct.  Did you email Scott directly for the pics?  Surprised you got some due to the Emira roadshow.  

Car looks stunning btw, you must be very pleased.

It's one of those days, when you get good and bad news together. I got info that my car was completed a week ago and awaing transportation. Car looks amazing, there is just something that bothers me. I ordered non-black-pack version and they built it with black pack. Tomorrow I need to talk to few people and figure out where it went wrong and if they can rectify this. I like the car, but it's just a sour feeling of spending this amount of money on the car and getting something else than you wanted.

VUK 390.jpg

• Sad 2

On the plus-side, you've managed to catch the problem before it left the factory, so hopefully they can put it right quickly and you'll get the correct spec. would have been much worse to have had it delivered and then had to return it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Inversed said:

It's one of those days, when you get good and bad news together. I got info that my car was completed a week ago and awaing transportation. Car looks amazing, there is just something that bothers me. I ordered non-black-pack version and they built it with black pack. Tomorrow I need to talk to few people and figure out where it went wrong and if they can rectify this. I like the car, but it's just a sour feeling of spending this amount of money on the car and getting something else than you wanted.

VUK 390.jpg

Ah, that's a bugger, I don't envy you the sinking feeling of seeing that.  Did you order the back panel in body colour?  Otherwise, I think the rest of the black pack is bolt on stuff isn't it, which is doable? (although the bits will have to go in the paint shop)

My car is getting closer... Should be delivered in just over a week's time. The closer you get, the harder the wait is!
(Note for clarity: this is a dealer car over here in NZ, not a factory in build).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Standing said:

Car ready to ship out, got some final photos this evening.

DS1.jpg

DS2.jpg

DS3.jpg

DS4.jpg

DS5.jpg

That's a proper Exige colour. Exiges suit loud and proud, slightly wild, attention grabbing colours I think. Looks way better than I'd imagined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam Downey said:

That's a proper Exige colour. Exiges suit loud and proud, slightly wild, attention grabbing colours I think. Looks way better than I'd imagined.

Thanks.  Deleting the black pack suits it too I think.  If you are going Crazy, go for maximum Plum! 😁

It comes up a bit paler in that artificial light, it's slightly darker in natural light, the last image - of the rear - is closer to the real Plum Crazy.

• Like 2

That purple @David Standingis beuatiful, the yellow details really set it off nice.  Lovely car that.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

6 hours ago, C8RKH said:

That purple @David Standingis beuatiful, the yellow details really set it off nice.  Lovely car that.

Thank you.  I'm also going to swop out the Sport decals for yellow ones, plus add yellow union jack wing endplates.

1 hour ago, SFO said:

Pics of the seats please 

Can do, but won't be able to do so until it arrives at the dealer.