Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Regret buying a final edition? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Regret buying a final edition?

Matt W

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Having had the pleasure of owning an Evora and now currently an Elise, I have to say for me, the Evora is the better driving car on the road, it has a handling finesse and stability that the Elise does not have - but both are absolutely at the top of their game, even if that sounds contradictory.  The Elise is exhilarating to drive and really comes alive on the track.  On the road its fun at any speed but it is exhausting; the Exiges I've driven even more so - scalpel is spot on though, they are incredible drivers cars.  Where the Evora succeeds it though, is on the road, the chassis is far more accomplished, its more malleable and far less exhausting.

I think the Emira is going to be sensational.  It succeeds the Evora yes, but does not replace the Elise.

• Like 2

I also don't regret the decision, while I love the looks of Emira and I think I would drive it probably more than Exige. But if I wanted car like that I would probably buy Cayman before Emira was even announced. Man, I would regret that decision now :D

• Like 1

There's a lot of vitriol in other forums about change so it's good to read so many positive comments. 

Thinking a bit more, electrification of cars is inevitable, I'll miss the roar for sure, but if the future is Emira styling and truely ludicrous levels of torque I'm all for it. Maybe I'll just stick with the Exige, skip the Emira, and in a few years go for whatever is after, I'm sure Lotus are planning something spectacular! 

5 minutes ago, Jcx said:

What vitriol @Matthew Wright?  Why are people annoyed and what are they saying?

Some people just like to rant :rofl:

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I’m very pleased for lotus with the Emira, I think they’ve nailed it for market position. Their sales tag could be “it’s not a Cayman...”

While I’m happy in a way it’s not really an Exige/Elise replacement so should prop up my cars value, I’m also disappointed in there is now no Exige/Elise equivalent. Unless someone is lined up to carry on making them... 🤔

Back to the topic, I have no regrets, I’m very happy to suffer the compromises of my 390 while I’m still fit enough to do so, an Emira is quite a likely prospect if or when my bones can’t take it anymore.

• Like 2

The way the Emira was described to me today by Scott Walker (UK Sales Manager)...

"Your current Exige is like a stunt plane, the Emira is like a Learjet."

If I miss the raw edge of the Exige, I will pick up another one and enjoy the Emira as a daily.

3 hours ago, PhilT said:

You just have to have both...

As Bibs said, the Exige is a scalpel. I took a guy with a 911 GT3 round Silverstone on a track day (we were in the same garage) he was quite talkative until Stowe corner...

🤗 I think it was I (not Mr Bibs) who first applied the term scalpel above. But I stand by it and it appears a few of you agree. 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the Emira convinced me to go nuts and try to stretch to get a final edition Exige. Depending on ability to finance and waiting on the answer now. Obviously kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger when the final editions were announced but there are still some nice new dealer stock options around.

The Emira looks great, but is a very different car. In a couple of years time a potential Emira 450/500 CUP (or whatever) will be very interesting. It will be interesting to see how much weight they can get out of it when making a stripped out version that is more like an Exige inside. But I think it will still ultimately be the usual deal with newer cars: more capable, more refined not as raw, and who knows if that will happen with the V6 or only the 4cyl.

• Like 2

On 10/07/2021 at 15:50, David Standing said:

I took over a dealer stock Exige 420 Final Edition build slot on 19 May, it was far enough in the system that I just scraped in with a spec change to my spec, and it is scheduled for imminent build.

As I want it for a second/fun car, I don't believe I made the wrong decision.

In fact, as it will be a long term keeper, I believe I made exactly the right decision! 😁

The Emira will no doubt be a great car, and is exactly what Lotus needs to build to up sales to where they need to be, but it isn't what I want.

I am told build has now slipped from July to September 😒

• 2 weeks later...

I am an Emira fan but the Exige keeps pulling me in. Awesome car and amazing visceral and engaging. It was also kind of too much BUT I realise now, that is a huge bonus as it keeps it interesting.  I have a feeling I might get one if I do not get the 4cyl later in 2022.

I would have fancied an FE or 4xx Cup but was surprised at the prices! Blimey. Makes it even harder to pull that trigger.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel