Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Climate Change Poll! Another Kimbers Poll! - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Climate Change Poll! Another Kimbers Poll!

Kimbers

Your View on Climate Change  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Hang on @C8RKH - let’s link in the covid 19 vaccine - was and is it really such a great idea to develop it and save folks? 

just playing devils advocate here - I’m aware just stating the above will offend.

Only here once

I'm no climate scientist. I just saw the figures and had to google it.

I feel like we've had this discussion previously. How do we choose who to get rid of? Embed a crystal in people's palms and when it changes colour your times up? Soylent Green? Enforced sterilisation of scumbags?

3 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Hang on @C8RKH - let’s link in the covid 19 vaccine - was and is it really such a great idea to develop it and save folks? 

just playing devils advocate here - I’m aware just stating the above will offend.

Well, you could argue that history shows events have happened to pull back human population growth.... again, just saying that will offend.... But science etc has meant these mass depopulation events have not happened over, the last 100 years and more...

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

4 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

I'm no climate scientist. I just saw the figures and had to google it.

I feel like we've had this discussion previously. How do we choose who to get rid of? Embed a crystal in people's palms and when it changes colour your times up? Soylent Green? Enforced sterilisation of scumbags?

You're missing the point - I am not suggesting per se that we "get rid" of people. That's callous. But we need to reduce the never ending population growth. End of.

Any farmer on here will tell you, you cannot continue to stress a field forever, and expect a great yield...

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

If that involves in any way the Americans or the uk government then id sure not trust it. You only need to gander at the news on the bbc currently to see the car crash unfolding 

Only here once

3 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

Aren't they using technology and science to create systems to detect and protect us from a comet strike? Bloody science and technology.

Yes. So by 2030 there will be 15bn people.  Twice the problem! Fantastic. But then I'll be nearly dead by then....

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So being mischievous then @C8RKH - it’s a shame the cv19 vaccine was developed? 

oh if it helps - Scotland will be flooded with cheap heroin in a few months now the taliban are back in 🤪

:sofa:

Only here once

12 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

So being mischievous then @C8RKH - it’s a shame the cv19 vaccine was developed? 

Interesting discussion point Barry.

• Like 1

has anyone had that facebook / whatsapp thingy round where it exposes the youngsters telling us its us that fooked everything up (ie greta turdberg) when in fact as kids we had returnable milk and fizzy drinks bottles, no single use plastic bags, no plastic wrapping around anything let alone food, we push biked every where including school rather than get lifts in a car everywhere, our free time involved trees and occasionally blowing up things but it didnt involve pc.s ps4's and "electricity" we always turned the lights off they never do etc etc etc !! ( the real post was funnier ill admit)  

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, march said:

Just another case of do what I say not do as I do - politicians - bloody hypocrites the lot of them.

Possibly worried about being stabbed - which is normal in a city like Londonistan according to him.

• Like 1

Only here once

Here's another one Sky news has just interviewed a lad who is walking from Yorkshire to London to raise awareness for the need of a Carbon Tax. I was thinking fair enough he's getting off his backside and doing something he believes in until it was stated that Mum was following him in a camper van! FFS he was labelled as a climate activist and all he was doing was pointlessly adding to the worlds carbon outputs.

We spend our lives being bombarded with lectures on how bad climate change is and being made to feel guilty about doing pretty much anything whilst the protestors / activists / politicians can do what ever they like!

Another one - a couple of days ago 2 old farts were on a bridge over the A38 with Extinction rebellion and climate protest banners having a go at all the tourists for daring to come to Devon for a break.

Can we have an extra option on the poll of - Yes I know climate change is real and we really should do something but F£$k everyone as I am fed up with the guilt trips and hypocrisy being spouted by everyone (especially the politicians and younger generations).

Rant Over!

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 20:43, mg4lotus said:

It's complicated stuff, this climate change.

CO2 is not the only greenhouse gas and to concentrate on that alone is probably wrong. There's a lot we don't know but, do we do nothing and just let it happen, or do we try to do something.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we damage the Environment by tackling our effects on climate change. 

It seems to me that the core of all Scientific research is "Don't do anything unless you know it's exact effects". There are so many organisations and people out there effecting climate change Policy for the whole world, who know too little, not enough or none at all of their policies (See my previous post of A certain young climate change activist sitting with a Banana from Costa Rica and a single use plastic bottle whilst telling everyone you are scum for driving a car).

As such we get high profile "Stop flying on holiday" whilst the fashion industry gets off scott free despite putting more crap into the air than flying and shipping together

On 20/08/2021 at 22:30, C8RKH said:

The earth has its own cycles. But 8bn people are just killing it. End of.  Sorry if I am being blunt, but I just think the side discussions are just side shows....

Get with it! It's their human right to have as many kids as they want! You can only save the planet if its taxable and doesn't upset the poor little snowflakes and human rights activists!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

Haven't the Japanese had the one family/one child thing for many years or is it China? I'm sure if was one of them.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

21 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Wouldn't it be ironic if we damage the Environment by tackling our effects on climate change.

I've literally heard one self-declared climate expert say we shouldn't worry about the effects on the environment as long as we reduce carbon emissions... 

2 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Haven't the Japanese had the one family/one child thing for many years or is it China? I'm sure if was one of them.

That was China, and only in the cities I think. They have since increased the number to 2 and now even 3. It would have probably been the most effective environmental measure possible, if hard to justify and uphold. I'd be all for it though!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I always wondered how it was going to be enforced. The only way that I could think of was immediate termination once your doctor knew about it.

That was always going to be a hard one to make happen.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)