Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Longest drive in an Elise - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Longest drive in an Elise

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I did a 160 mile round trip (2 hours each way) to Castle Coombe this year in May - thoroughly enjoyed it, however over long distances it is a tiring car to drive that's for sure.  I would recommend ear plugs!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jep said:

I did 1,200 miles in 2 days in a hired Elise in 1997. As it was a birthday gift, I was not told the mileage limit was 150 per day. When it was handed back, the rental firm took it as 200 miles driven, assuming a typo on the 4th digit on check-out. At 30p per mile over the 300 allocated for 2 days, that saved some dosh for my bro. Even more alarming, I had a passenger for the duration...and she is still talking to me. Mind you, she is named Lottie so perhaps she understands.

I've done 350 miles+ in a day with 340R.

Justin 

If you can do 350miles in an 340R my drive in an Elise with a roof will be absolute luxury.  1200 miles in two days make my drive seem like child's play.  I bet the hire company was only really looking at the first 3 digits.  I wonder if the renter after you got the extra 900mile charge?

• Like 1

All the Best

Greg

4 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

I have my longest drive in my elise s2 tomorrow  510mile there and back round trip.  Visiting a customer in north wales.

Whats the longest drive your done in your elise?

Longest for me was 2+ hours each way 180miles but mostly on Fosseway, a nice day so very enjoyable. Looks like you have 5+ hours each way with some considerable motorway! Take a pillow 😉

• Like 1

Did a 9 hours stint straight (plus fuel stops) from south of France to London in my S2 exige. Was actually quite pleasant and wouldn’t have wanted to be in any other car.  Was tiring but for me the lotus is the perfect shape. 

• Like 2

Whenever I go for a drive it's for most of the day in the mountains, around 6 hours and 300km. Love it, it's like therapy.

If I was still living in the UK I would definitely go for a tour around Europe...

• Like 1

Well did the 500mile drive yesterday and it was a great drive.  Not the best roads as most were motorway. Did get a good mix of A and B roads once off the motorway.  Which is where the Elise is best.

On the motorway I got a Thumb up for a Ford ST driver.  Good to see other car marque taking an interest.  It one thing I do love about the Lotus cars both the Evora and the Elise i've owned seem to make people smile.  

• Like 2

All the Best

Greg

2 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

one thing I do love about the Lotus cars both the Evora and the Elise i've owned seem to make people smile.  

Agree 100%, reactions are always positive. Can’t say this about some other marques I’ve owned…

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...