Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
If Carbon accessories becomes an option which bits would you go for? - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

If Carbon accessories becomes an option which bits would you go for?

Evotion

Which Carbon bits would you go for?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Us First Editioners will likely have no carbon options at all. Down the road we may see Carbon offered all the place, inside and outside.

What Carbon bits would you get realistically (at a price you would realistically expect)?

I am hoping Lotus sees this... 😃

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

No wheels?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

6 hours ago, JJ said:

Pleb that I am, I've never had carbon in any car. Is there an actual point to carbon other than looks? I mean I assume the weight difference on many of these elements is negligible? Or?

It's a bit like a go faster chequered flag sticker from Halfords. A nod to motorsport. It's a tart thing really!  That's why I have a carbon roof, carbon tailgate, carbon diffuser surround, carbon front access panel, carbon seats and carbon kick plates. I'm just a big tart!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

After seeing the car at Goodwood the only disappointing aspects of the car in my view, where the cheap looking shiny plastic covers to the rear air intakes in front of the rear wheels and the the same shiny plastic used on the vents behind the rear wheels. 
These parts in Carbon would give us best looking car to launched in decades my any manufacturer.

Given the Emira is going to be built in far larger numbers than any recent Lotus model I reckon we can look forward to a pretty healthy after-market in cosmetic and tuning parts. I am sure the likes of Reverie will have some tasty carbon offerings for the Emira, and I'd love to see Litchfield or Komotec get their hands on it for some go-faster mods.  

19 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

After seeing the car at Goodwood the only disappointing aspects of the car in my view, where the cheap looking shiny plastic covers to the rear air intakes in front of the rear wheels and the the same shiny plastic used on the vents behind the rear wheels. 
These parts in Carbon would give us best looking car to launched in decades my any manufacturer.

Totally agree. But then McLaren just paints them Palladium and bingo, premium bling!  😆😂

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I am always amazed how little carbon fibre can be found on much more expensive cars from Lotus’ rivals. Two examples I have looked at: Mercedes AMG GT-R and Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Both riddled with cheap black plastic bodywork trim, intakes, grilles etc, but no-one complains about it, despite their £150,000 price tags. Lotus launches a £60k+ Emira and gets criticised by some for the lack of standard c/f parts. 

• Like 2

I haven't really seen any criticism that c/f parts should be included.

I think I'm unlikely to bite on carbon parts, although the roof & mirrors would look great I shudder to think of the cost. I have the carbon spoiler on my m2, but that's purely because the standard one is comically tame, the 'standard' Emira looks great for me!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It's a no from me too, but that's not a poll option......

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

On 01/09/2021 at 08:11, ramjet said:

No wheels?

It's on there!  God knows how much they would be. Damn.

8 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Agreed.

2 hours ago, JimH said:

It's a no from me too, but that's not a poll option......

Can I not tempt you with carbon air-scoops? 👍

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'm talking about the wheels on the road, not the steering wheel.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yeah, it is on there!! Always has been. 3rd from the bottom.

gbrh4om0sc7z.jpg.a8f4319d942ad98f63dfef7b9b7e8e50.jpg

😃

• Gold FFM
On 04/09/2021 at 00:43, Evotion said:

Yeah, it is on there!! Always has been. 3rd from the bottom.

gbrh4om0sc7z.jpg.a8f4319d942ad98f63dfef7b9b7e8e50.jpg

😃

Lol. I didn't scroll down the list. I only looked at the first six options that showed up on the screen.

It would have been a shorter list if you asked everyone which bits they wanted to be out of metal.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ramjet said:

It would have been a shorter list if you asked everyone which bits they wanted to be out of metal.

Ha - true.  Though not as sexy a question 😄

If Carbon additions never existed then I would be more than fine. Now that they do, it seems to be an expectation at certain price points.  At some point the Emira will be dripping in it, either OEM or aftermarket.

• Gold FFM

What about the engine? No-one done one of those yet?