Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So must need a new model forum shortly, have not seen the car, but I know someone who has.

6 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Will certainly be an upgrade from my electric Kia

And probably a lot bigger and more expensive...Doubt it would fit in my garage...Would it fit in yours.

The girl on the video looks in a trance or something..

I saw a Urus about 30 mins ago. It did sound epic however the sound didn't really match an SUV and seemed pretty out of place but it was huge! Black with green calipers was a mistake though!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

6 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Very oriental.

Can't be a surprise, I wonder how good it will feel, the Chinese made MG's are made down to a budget, to enable the MG marque increasing its sales and dealers significantly.

1 hour ago, jimichanga said:

Lotus ethos now

is that another new model?

I do hope we don't have all the faffing about with tempters every few weeks. I thought it would be revealed by the end of this year, hopefully this month.

I wonder if the length of the video is any indication of its 0 - X acceleration?

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

Since it appears they have chosen to go with at 600bhp for the base model and it is said to have retained a true to Lotus driving dynamics, we can expect it to go like stig and attack the corners in a way that will make most passengers slightly queasy.

But you are suggesting that the launch will be the top 750hp version? So I have a few more months to save up for the cheap one.

What do we expect the cars body to be? I assume that it will be metal as not being made at Hethel?

Expect it to have a lot of Geely-Volvo tech with a blend of alloys and ultra high strength steel, Lotus engineering did a lot of work on that vehicle. It is SPA based but SPA permits a lot, it shares some SEA concepts while not being all SEA.

And no I'm not suggesting they will launch the Top 750bhp version first, only that the car on display for the digital unveil will have all the sexy carbon bits, because nobody unveils the base spec model of a new range of product.  

• Like 2

Reading some of the blurb on the internet - I thought that this 132 was the larger SUV, but this is suggesting the next SUV will be bigger.

The Type 132 will lead the company’s charge into the EV future. A four-door coupe will arrive in 2023, followed by an even larger SUV in 2024, destined to sit above the Type 132 in the Louts lineup.

I assume louts know what is going on.

Type 132 will be a bigger SUV first, like a Model X competitor, and the second SUV will be smaller in 2025.

Lotus Cars media page as source:  https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/lotus-technology-global-hq-established-in-china-as-future-lotus-ev-product-plan-unveiled.html

"In 2022, Lotus will debut an E-segment SUV codenamed Type 132. It will be followed in 2023 by an E-segment four-door coupe, Type 133, and in 2025 by Type 134, a new D-segment SUV. This trio will be joined in 2026 by an all-new electric sports car, Type 135."

Well I suppose we will see a bit more next Monday?, if they are going for a weekly teaser.

2 hours ago, NedaSay said:

The Type 132 crossover is the Porsche Cayman/ Tesla Model Y competitor in the upcoming Lotus range. Type 134 is supposed to be the Porsche Cayenne /Tesla Model X competitor.

Think you meant Macan 🤔👍

• Like 1