Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 27 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Looking through the options for where/when the Eletre will be on tour, notice that 3 dealers/retailers are not getting a visit, namely Kent, Poole (who seem to be a service agent only). and Central Nottingham. Wonder why.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We are both looking forward to Global broadcast Tuesday, as Central Lotus are not part of the Eletre tour we are popping down to Silverstone on 29th November 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Received a reminder email this afternoon for the broadcast tomorrow from Lotus cars.

Darryl & Sue

From one Lotus retailer - ??? suggests only 170 to be built????   had not realised that - or is this wrong?

LIMITED NUMBERS

Before being given its name of Eletre, it was first known by its Lotus codename, Type 132. Only 170 examples of the Lotus Eletre will be built, guaranteeing exclusivity of this ground-breaking model. The five-door SUV signals the start of a new chapter for Lotus, as it becomes the flagship model for the brand’s new range of lifestyle electric vehicles.

On 21/10/2022 at 09:11, exeterjeep said:

Looking through the options for where/when the Eletre will be on tour, notice that 3 dealers/retailers are not getting a visit, namely Kent, Poole (who seem to be a service agent only). and Central Nottingham. Wonder why.

Kent is our sister branch and they don't have the space so all Kent customers have been invited to the showroom here in Lewes, East Sussex

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

From one Lotus retailer - ??? suggests only 170 to be built????   had not realised that - or is this wrong?

LIMITED NUMBERS

Before being given its name of Eletre, it was first known by its Lotus codename, Type 132. Only 170 examples of the Lotus Eletre will be built, guaranteeing exclusivity of this ground-breaking model. The five-door SUV signals the start of a new chapter for Lotus, as it becomes the flagship model for the brand’s new range of lifestyle electric vehicles.

Total nonsense!!! Over 800 UK orders and the roadshow starts today. We are the only dealers to have it 3 days and on a Saturday!! This week.

7 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

LIMITED NUMBERS

From Autocar article.  170 is mentioned for the Evija (didn't it used to be 130?).  Suspect this might be where some confusion came from.

image.png.0ebafa442e718c082a0eee04cf219e4a.png

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-eletre-launch-893bhp-£120000-range-topper

Too easy to copy and paste I suppose , have been in touch with the dealer and they will rectify.

I recall 130 of the type 130 were to be made.

20 minutes ago, webfoot said:

From Autocar article.  170 is mentioned for the Evija (didn't it used to be 130?).  Suspect this might be where some confusion came from.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-eletre-launch-893bhp-£120000-range-topper

How hard would it have been to actually get the module numbers correct.

“You can’t have too many bikes"

Lotus seem to be following the trend to make a website that's all flashy, but hard to actually extract any real information - and contains at least one error. Does the base Eletre have 'Hands Free tailgate'? It is stated in one location that it does, but elsewhere lists that only on the S and R. So which is it?

Disappointing that the base model cannot be upgraded with some of the options to bring it closer to the S. I for example would like a better choice of colours for the base model, both inside and out. But certainly not worth the extra for an S just for that.

The big question in my mind though is still about towing. Yes, they list the towbar as an option, but no mention that I could find about the towing capacity, which being legally regulated is kinda important to know.

Oh and what about V2X, i.e. Vehicle to Home/Grid etc. Does it have any such facility. Another important factor for me, but again, I could find no mention of this whatsoever on the website.

“You can’t have too many bikes"

2 hours ago, webfoot said:

image.png.0ebafa442e718c082a0eee04cf219e4a.png

The Autocar article has a lot of details about the Eletre correct, but a lot of the other stuff is incorrect. It says the Evija is Type 135 (it's 130, hence why 130 will be made). It says the sports car will be Type 136.

16 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

How hard would it have been to actually get the module numbers correct.

Or even the model number 😉

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

I see that for anyone around Sussex, Caffyns Lotus Sussex have posted on Facebook about slots to see the Eletre on Friday/Saturday.....

on https://www.facebook.com/KentLotus

says..

If you'd like to be one of the first people to come and have a look and get hands on with this awesome new #HyperSUV and really see what the future of Lotus holds then send us a message and we'll book you a slot! The times available are:

Friday 28th 10am-12.30pm

Friday 28th 1.30pm-4pm

Saturday 29th 10am-12.30pm

Saturday 29th 1.30pm-4pm

Send us a message - first come first served, appointment only so don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to get a taster of what's to come from Lotus!

• Like 1

Went to see the Lotus Eletre in Surrey yesterday.  Very impressive in real with a high build quality and finish.  Those with early deposits will be asked to place another £4,000 in January and then shortly afterwards finalise specification for delivery in end of first quarter or early second quarter of next year in the UK.  They will have one near production like vehicle available for test drive early next year with a further 20 available in May.  Online configurator for the UK will be updated early next week - they are aware of the issues around it.  

C484AEED-61E4-434A-B272-06371E6889E7.jpeg

1D81B142-737E-486E-9F4E-1D1F67FF832C.jpeg

DF290864-5BC9-4522-BB0B-E2DA27EEEE6F.jpeg

Edited by awharton
  • Like 1

Might have fun getting that big transporter into Exeter.

Saw from your location details and google street view thT you have a large site, so plenty of room.

2 minutes ago, JB said:

We are ready for you! On Insta Live from 18:30

Looks like plenty of room inside as well.

• Like 1

When will it be at Hendy in Exeter Keith?  I might try to book a slot...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny