Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 135 - Page 4 - Lotus Type 135 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 135

Bibs

On 23/02/2023 at 08:39, AK70 said:

the E Cayman then in 2024.. So well ahead of the Type 135. I hope Lotus will push forward the 135, before the 133 and 134. As Tesla started a price war, no one needs another SUV or Limo in that segment...

so they have listen to me?.... Thank you Lotus! 😉

My next sport car will be electric. Really looking forward how they solve the range and Lotus feel question on this thing.

For the few who know the difference

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
23 hours ago, AK70 said:

so they have listen to me?.... Thank you Lotus! 😉

My next sport car will be electric. Really looking forward how they solve the range and Lotus feel question on this thing.

I believe that the Type 135 has a dependency on the new factory unit being built at Hethel first.....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, iddqd said:

Type 135 won't be out until 2027, and will target MSRP of 75k GBP

After the debacle of the Emira and pricing, I would take that with a pinch of salt, some vinegar, and some HP sauce! Absolutely no way will even the base edition of that car be £75k in what will be 4 years time (it will be late, for sure).

Based on the Emira, it will be a £90k base price, rising to well over £120k.

Very happy to be proven wrong, but when you look at the empirical evidence of how Lotus 2.0 has performed, you'd be a nutter top believe anything they say re future models and dates, pricing, and specs.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

So will it be 2025, or 2027? We seem to have three different publications, 2 different dates. I'll stick on 27 as I seem to recall the release date being dependent on a new factory/assembly hall being built for it in Hethel.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I agree production will be 2027 at the earliest. By 2029 they'll have sorted out the bugs so could be a good time to buy.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds as if there will be more options than I had expected.

Project LEVA from its initial announcement always had the capability for a 2+2 sports car and larger 2 seater. But platform capability is much different from exploring or commiting to a model, so it's good to hear about development on specific models. Sounds like a 2+2 model is actually underway.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the Corvette C8 angular side in the render.

I'm also the worst photochopper ever but just keep the Emira sides... and where's the targa roof!?

type135b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Despite the seemingly unrelated article title, there's a line in the article that rumors a delay for Type 135:

"Insiders at Hethel have also said that development of the Type 135—the company’s first electric sportscar—has also been delayed."

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a60605756/lotus-needs-another-new-boss/

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

The planning permission for the new assembly, logistics and staff buildings at Hethel hasn't been approved yet (submitted last summer....) 

With deliveries not expected until 2027 at earliest, I wouldn't necessarily say manufacturing areas not being completed yet is a bad sign (not sure about the delayed permissions though).  I doubt Lotus is even close to starting full manufacturing engineering for the car.

• Gold FFM

Assuming an Emira production crossover (or there's no need for the new buildings to house a second production line) with Type 135 I would imagine that the new buildings (currently a greenfield site adjacent to the test track and behind the Hethel Engineering Centre) are probably on the critical path for a production start date and would take at least a year or two to construct once permission (applied for last Summer) is eventually granted.... The Emira production line in the new(est) Chapman building was in place for development and testing around a year before production-ready customer cars started being delivered in any sort of volumes.....