Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 133 - Lotus Emeya - Page 4 - Emeya Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 133 - Lotus Emeya

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 months later...

Niels de Gruijter, executive director of Lotus Cars Europe, on Type 133: "Later this year the car will be revealed, and then sales will start in the course of next year."

(He also said: "We now have 17,000 orders for Emira and Eletra combined for the first half of this year, worldwide." (Just need a dealer network now))

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/lotus-says-its-type-133-four-door-saloon-finished

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Look forward to 7 Sep

Edited by Jack Stone

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

So the launch is in New York is this at a auto show (did not find one for this date) or just a Lotus do.

Suppose they chose NY in the US as they expect to sell well there?

Volvo in the UK will only sell SUV's in the future.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the launch but I still wonder about the words 'Sedan' & 'Lotus' in the same sentence. I just hope it's not 5 metres long... smaller, lighter, not just a squashed Eletre please! 

On 29/08/2023 at 13:50, NedaSay said:

Emeya... nicer sounding than Envya.

Getting dangerously close to Enema though! 😇

• Like 2

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

12 minutes ago, Stirling_Villeneuve said:

I just hope it's not 5 metres long... smaller, lighter, not just a squashed Eletre please! 

Probably exactly this....

And what's wrong with that? I just don't get why for so many people a manufacturer is apparently supposed to make only the type of car they like and no other. Lotus haven't abandoned the sports car segment, but that is untenable without other types of cars, like SUVs, as Porsche realised some years ago. However, what's the problem if Porsche and Lotus do make other car types? The fact those sell well allows them to make the sports cars that everyone loves, but very few buy. Simple economics.

Only problem is if such a sports car manufacturer totally abandons that segment for a popular type (like the SUV). Even then, I understand the reasons, but which manufacturer has done that?

I have no interest in a Bugatti Veyron, or Lotus Eviya. They are simply pointless in my opinion, not just because I cannot afford them. They truly are pointless as a road vehicle. However, I don't hate on those manufacturers because I don't like those cars.

Of more concern is manufacturers who do offer a car of a type I like, but then f**k it up. I think the Taycan Cross Turismo is a potentially a great car, but Porsche encumber it with their arrogance that they know best. "Thou shalt not use just one pedal to drive" and make many dumb decisions with their interior design which otherwise is delightful. These sort of things worry me about a company. But Bugatti offering their Veyron (other ridiculous hyper cars are available) bothers me not at all.

So you don't like an SUV? No problem as Lotus will be releasing other model types that you will like.

If you don't like anything Lotus offer, why are you on The Lotus Forum.

None of the above is aimed at any individual.

• Like 2
“You can’t have too many bikes"

40 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

f you don't like anything Lotus offer, why are you on The Lotus Forum.

None of the above is aimed at any individual.

I am hoping that the t134 is a more suitable size for us, the Eletre and this new car are too large. . Look at what MG can achieve with the 4 xpower, 

We have had SUV's for our last 6 normal family cars....!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Anyone impressed by the launch, was expecting something more useful / detailed than what appeared. Compared to Eletre launch this was minimal.

45 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I'm guessing their website is getting a decent chunk of traffic right now!! 

image_2023-09-07_232128929.png

I'll admit I did smile... 😇

ps Working now... 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Got to admit I did not expect the bonnet lines to be this pronounced. Still, it looks very good, but then we knew that already, even if theses wheels are ginormous, are these 23"?!  The lidar integration at the rear is much better then Eletre, and that biplan wing is borderlines bonkers. The interior is Eletre's so nothing will left to be desired. But is it a fastback or not?

Edited by NedaSay