Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
340R Want! - 340r - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

340R Want!

GoldenGun

Morning all!  I’ve posted a similar thread on SELOC but repeating here for completeness. 

I almost bought a 3-Eleven earlier this week but unfortunately the purchase fell through. Got me thinking about other special Lotus models and I’m keen to find a 340R.  

Do they come up for sale often ? Am I mad to think a nice 1 or 2 owner example is out there wanting a new home ? puzzled.gif 

They look to be amazing fun, and I really want something visceral and raw, that is different to more mainstream cars.  

Just thought I’d check in case anyone is in touch with one!

I’ve seen the CatC example on Autotrader which seems to be up for stupid money considering it’s history.   B&C also have one, which I understand has been there for awhile. 

Thanks in advance for any views.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 minutes ago, GoldenGun said:

I’ve seen the CatC example on Autotrader which seems to be up for stupid money

Noticed this on autotrader as it comes up near the front of my list sorted by distance, has been on for many months now.

I've had mine from new. 42,000 very happy miles. There are a few one owner cars around but I don't think any sellers....most will wait until 2025, when USA can import 340R, should they be considering a sale. Prices will spike I would think. Likewise, S1 Elise will continue to harden - it has started already.

340R is a supreme machine. Sub-700kg, track day style engine, compliant ride, astonishing turn-in, cheap to run, reliable, safe and intoxicating fun. And it has a windscreen so no helmet required (to misquote Phil Collins).

190bhp is best, as factory intended. Titanium exhaust lovely but rare, standard one is fine. 

Best buy one as original as possible, that is a safe place for your dosh. Retrimmed incorrectly is not ideal, likewise colour change (all were the same from Hethel) but they still seem to sell if non-original so that is perhaps my inherent prejudice.

Bell and Colvill car is nice. I've seen it. 

Do it - you won't regret it.

Justin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1