Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S - Puff of blue smoke on Cold Start - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S - Puff of blue smoke on Cold Start

When I started, the car spat out a puff of blue smoke and could smell petrol. It did the same a few days back when it was cold (14 degrees centigrade). Although both the smoke and petrol smell were gone about after 30 seconds and the didn't see the smoke or smell petrol since then. Is this normal and expected or warrants a trip to the dealership.

Edited by Ba55uma

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Two stroke scooter usually gives an oily smell, could be a bit of oil seeping past the valve guides overnight.

How many miles has the car done?

Personally I wouldn’t be worried about it, I wouldn’t be heading to the dealership at this time. Keep an eye on it and if it gets much worse then have someone look at it.

• Like 1

Supercharged cars slightly over-fuel to aid cooling so a bit of unburnt fuel on start up is probably nothing to worry about.  Hard to tell from the video but looks like a lot of water vapour coming out, are you sure it's not just steam you're seeing?  41K for the Toyota lump is nothing so you'd be unlucky to have any significant wear.

I too thought it was water vapour. But I checked it was definitely blue coloured some and the petrol smell. Weirdly it goes away after 30 seconds or so. It only started doing this from a week or so. I know the engines are quite reliable. The car is under warranty so it's worth getting it checked I guess.