Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
380 Exige Rear Tires V 410 Exige Rear Tires - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

380 Exige Rear Tires V 410 Exige Rear Tires

1 hour ago, Exx said:

I have Cup 2 295/30 and i needed spacer, forged komotec wheels

What offset are the KT ones ?

Also the 430 wheels come with a 3mm spacer fitted to the wheels, don’t think the 410 ones do though 

• Like 1

@Exx how come that you used wider at rear only, problems with the oversteer or problems getting 285 dimensions?

@Tex There is a spacer? I've removed wheels multiple times but never noticed it 😐 Must be glued or screwed on a wheel...

Yes they are held on by 3 small screws.

I would post a picture but don’t seem able to at the moment.

Just toying with the idea of using 295 Nankangs but with 215’s up front , 225’s would be better if they fit though 

9 minutes ago, Tex said:

Just toying with the idea of using 295 Nankangs but with 215’s up front , 225’s would be better if they fit though 

Can't find the topic now, but it is on this forum where they report that the 225 fits. Wanted to switch the trofeo R... got the rears but can't get the fronts in OEM dimension. So I am looking for a 225 fronts now 🙂

9 hours ago, Tex said:

Also the 430 wheels come with a 3mm spacer fitted to the wheels, don’t think the 410 ones do though 

Just for info, the 410's do also come with the 3mm spacer screwed to the rear wheels. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, 

just tested Trofeo R on the track. It is slightly wider than the Cup2 (both are 285):

image.png.5165991ea9b7cb8c859a7972a71d72f8.png

Trofeo R is great, first session (cold, incorrect pressure) was 2 s faster than previous best laptime. Overall 3 s faster than the best Cup2 lap, but only when warmed properly. You can't warm it up with a "regular" track driving, you need to do power slides to warm up the rear. It's better than the Cup2, but not ideal for the exige.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 05/04/2022 at 23:23, Tex said:

Yes they do. Edit: I just saw it was clarified 

My next set after the cup 2s will be A052

225/45/17 and 295/30/18

Edited by cuprapw

I can confirm that the A052 in the dimension 295/30/18 in combination with a CUP430 wheel (OEM 3 mm spacer) and camber higher than 2° can't be installed on a car. Tyre is rubbing the "helper" spring. Additional spacer is needed. I guess 5 mm would be perfect.

@Toqcars,I was planning to fit that size in my 410 (same as 430 cup wheels with spacer) but with 1.9 negative camber. I guess as per your info that it should be ok without rubbing anywhere. 

For the front, I will go for 225/45 for which I expect little rubbing when fully turning the wheel 

@cuprapw haven't measured exactly, but everything less than 2° should be fine.

Some clarification regarding the fit: it's not dependent on a tyres since rim is hitting the helper spring. Spacer (at least 5 more mm) is needed for additional camber. 

• 8 months later...

Another update after a year or so of running...there has been slight bit of rubbing on the inner wheel arch liner which I failed to pick up upon first inspection {running 285 Cup 2's rubber on 380 rear wheel}. I've now fitted the 380 Cup spacers, which bring the rear into a 410 type set up.

• Like 1