Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora long term ownership - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora long term ownership

tim_marra

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Glad to hear Gavan a CR gearbox fan. My car is ex-Martin Donnelly, also CR box. I heard all the press cars also had CR box too. 3rd and 4th so good red-lining with that box. 

Justin

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 04/02/2022 at 15:08, Breeze said:

I bought my Evora S Sport Racer new in 2015 from Hexagon..I was their very first Lotus customer!!  I did think about changing it for a 400, but I really didn’t like the interior of the 400 or the seats. It felt like sitting on the car rather than in the car and I got the impression that the Add Lightness mantra actually meant add cheapness to maximise profits. The Last of the Sports Racers were fully fitted, with every extra included as standard. Sure the interior has some eccentricities, but I got used to them and it adds to the charm of a hand built car. Eventually, I just decided to keep it. I had the TVS 1900 Supercharger fitted like Tims car, and am very, very happy with the result. Now we have the new Lotus Enima or whatever its called.. It’s quite pretty..maybe looks a bit generic, undoubtably it will be better made and better equipped. A great shame it no longer has the Lotus Visor windscreen which I’ve always loved..I guess it’s too expensive!, and the same diameter wheels front and back don’t work for me..but again I guess it’s just cheaper to do like that… So, I’m always stuck with the same problem, I love my Evora but can’t think of anything else I’d rather have.  

I have had a look at the Emira interior recently ....well, it all depends (as always) on your personal taste but the interior materials als far away from the lots of leather used for the Evora S1. The non integrated screen might be modern but the old dashboard with atari like graphics and general outlay as a memory of the Lotus Elite will always be special - but if you want a "modern" int. than the Emira will work in proper way ! 

The Recaro Speedster CS seats used in the Evora S1 are very expensive, I can´t think of a reason changing them but of the cost theme for Lotus.....for me the original seats were fantastic, even after 800 km in a day no problem ....