Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 Elan market watch - Page 7 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 Elan market watch

jep

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, Rambo said:

And, as I have mentioned to the owner several times on LEC, the engine can NEVER have been running in his ownership without an ECU !!!

lol yes, I saw that. No ECU and a cut wiring loom.

8 hours ago, Rambo said:

I'm fairly sure an ECU can't be bypassed? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can explain how it can run withot the ECU.

As far as I know the N/A has an old school distributor so it may help a bit if it were one, but it's an SE so it's just the hall sensor and the electronic ignition plate behind the coils and then as you said there is the electronic injections, plus the fuel pump, and so on... So, good luck, really.

Or maybe he plugged another generic ECU and has tuned it just to test the engine ... I would say it's pretty unlikely.

I would say very unlikely with a cut wiring loom 😲

I can't believe his price on EBay - it's going to cost many thousands to fix that and lots of sourcing for rare parts.

Hmmmm 🤔, my spare, unused ECU has suddenly increased  in value

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 03:38, exeterjeep said:

See this car that was re-built by SWLC was sold by them at the end of August - their advert on their web site has it advertised at £12995, is now for sale on https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1499755 at £17995 

Probably the wrong time of year to try to make a profit like this.

1990 Lotus Elan For Sale (picture 1 of 12)

It's still on the SWL website at £12995 😲

SWLC often leave cars on for ages, they had another that arrived and was sold quickly, don't think it ever made their site.  Their FB had the yellow one sold and gone.

See some conflicts about the 'ECU missing car' on LEC.

I have a spare, unused, nice and shiny ECU and neither did I?

But then again, you apparently don't need an ECU for the engine to run (allegedly) so we may as well all throw them in the bin 😯

Edited by Rambo
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

So what is this one on ebay.....is this the one that runs without an ecu?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394322289861

Stripped for total restoration. Many new parts included. Requires new rear lights and refit of wiring loom which is present

Picture 4 of 6

Yes Keith, that is indeed "Lucky" the Basket Case 🤔

As suspected, it didn't actually sell the 1st time and has now been re-listed by the same seller but under a different name.

Still needs an ECU, rear lights, plus... well, £0000's of parts.

Didn't cotton on it was the same seller but a different eBay id.

A bit more pass the parcel to come then. No mention of the engine running or not...

With the highest bidder being 6***9    (31) this is not the same as the current seller, but could still be the same person as you say. Wonder if there will be any more discussion of it on LEC.

On 07/11/2022 at 20:01, Rambo said:

Yes Keith, that is indeed "Lucky" the Basket Case 🤔

See it did not sell so relisted.

30 minutes ago, Rambo said:

LEC experts and EBay scrappers have come to the conclusion it may be worth only £500 max

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394338601788?hash=item5bd0698b3c:g:5sUAAOSwkndjYpgB

Saw the messages and just put a post on LEC, thought you were saying £250.

There is still a red SE for sale locally at a trader, but MOT has expired.

Meanwhile my S2 is at a trimmers for a new hood. He has also found that the SE and S2 have slightly different hoods. He checked this with SJ, although SJ just list one part number for the hood. So it is taking him longer than expected to do mine. He has another M100 booked in for next week.

On 13/11/2022 at 19:23, exeterjeep said:

lotus elan s2 limited edition Blue 58k f.s.h barn find classic

Above seems to have been sold off ebay.

A new one today....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295348497403

Picture 1 of 21