Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No more Lurking.... - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

No more Lurking....

Wilky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
15 minutes ago, Wilky said:

Naturally, as one would expect my current wife was not best pleased when she found out but I'm sure she will get over it.

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission :lol:

Welcome to TLF and congrats on the SE :)

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Welcome ro TLF Callum. :welcome:

My first test drive in a Lotus was the SE's little brother in Pearl White. It was many years until I finally bought my S4. Never regretted it.

And look at your SE. (I still love the shape) Yours is in the best colour as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

PS. Hope you didn't mind me fixing your photos up.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome Callum and congrats, looks like a great car. I'm a huge fan of the Esprit SE myself, that was my first Lotus (also in Calypso Red) and got me hooked on them. I can understand you want to change the wheels, the chrome doesn't really suit the car I think. Black would look great, contrasting with the red.

I wish you a lot of fun driving you Esprit!

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 08/04/2022 at 17:44, Wilky said:

My father took me to the pictures in 1977 to see James Bond and ever since I saw the white esprit I wanted one but never thought I would be able to afford it

Same here (though my mum took me to see it, not your father :) ) . That film has had such a lasting impression on so many. After lurking here for a few months I bought my S4 off another TLF member a couple of years ago. Never looked back and have enjoyed every minute of ownership since. Although not particularly mechanically minded, have managed a few tasks that I'd have been completely stumped with were it not for the help and advice here on TLF (replacing the carpets was as rewarding as it was a PITA).

Despite my lifelong dream being realised, the wife still refuses to even sit in the S4. O well, at least that adds lightness! 

• Like 1