Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lionesses - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lionesses

C8RKH

What a result. They think it's all over, well it is now!

Woo hoo!

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Was thinking it would have ended up in a penalty shoot out - and the normal result....well done them.

What was really impressive was how they just got up after some crunching tackles. One thing that winds me up about the mens game is how they roll around crying like pansies for minutes.

The professional men shoukld be ashamed, and the women have restored the beautiful game.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just finished the weekly Teams video call with my German employers. It always starts off with football small-talk. They were generally very gracious in defeat, but one of the guys piped up about a possible handball penalty by an England player. There are freeze frame images doing the rounds of German social media to try and support this. The ref didn’t see it and VAR didn’t overrule her. In fact I don’t think anyone in the stadium saw it either. Anyway it’s refreshing that the football boot is now firmly on the other foot and that even some Germans are now thinking “we wuz robbed”. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They can support it all they like but the result is the result.

At least the result was not manipulated by the officials like in some other sports.

The small print.

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

At least the result was not manipulated by the officials like in some other sports.

Masi not got that new job then.

• Haha 1

Just spotted this on the website of the biggest selling German tabloid. Linked from their front page.

“Anger after scandal at Wembley”.

“VAR referee muzzled.”

THsTsQs.png

They’re still banging on about the 1966 World Cup final and the Russian linesman adjudicating that the 3rd English goal had crossed the line after bouncing down from the cross bar. Of course, they don’t talk about Lampard’s similar “equaliser” against them in the knock-out stages of World Cup 2010, which clearly did cross the line, but wasn’t given. Get over it.

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

but one of the guys piped up about a possible handball penalty by an England player

I didn't manage to see the whole thing, but I reckon the Germans were lucky to finish with 11 players on the pitch!   

That's because in the first half the referee was only interested in putting english names on her dance card!

The small print.

OMG, now that was funny!

The small print.