Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Out of the blue, another 1982 Eclat Riviera Restoration - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Out of the blue, another 1982 Eclat Riviera Restoration

6 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Good to get another one back from the 'dead'.

It’s my mission in life, I must be a reincarnated masochist.

2 hours ago, jep said:

Do you name your cars? If this is out of the blue, it must be ELO. 

Never really named any of my cars, just the usual profanities when they break down.

Having said that I just realised that my Avatar picture Exige S1 was known in Lotus circles as “BlownK”, namely due to the number plate B10WNK and the fact that it had blown two supercharged engines prior to my purchase and a third Turbo Technics TT230 in my possession at the inaugural Lotus On Track race at Brands Hatch March 2007, that’s it exploding in the picture.

Edited by LotusElan17
Additional info
  • Like 1

Brilliant, can’t wait to see your progress with this sibling Riviera! Mine was originally A15 but was resprayed (badly in places) as A33.

🙂

Ongoing restoration photos on the Dropbox link.

12 hours ago, Benco said:

Brilliant, can’t wait to see your progress with this sibling Riviera! Mine was originally A15 but was resprayed (badly in places) as A33.

🙂

You’ve made excellent progress, very impressed particularly with the chassis, I fear that it is the route I must take, done it a few times before but still a daunting task.

A33 Ice Blue, I particularly like that colour, it looks great in your pictures, I am sure you can sort out the imperfections. Mine will need a partial respray and I of course will be sticking with the A15 original colour, the bumpers will be going Amy Winehouse (back to black).

Haven’t as yet started the rebuild as the Gold Elite is taking up my garage space, need to make a decision on wether to find a workshop for the restoration (expensive), find a lock up for the Elite as it will be destroyed leaving outside for any length of time, the final solution is to sell the Elite but I know I will regret that decision.

• Like 1

I’m sure you’ll make the right call and until you mentioned it, I hadn’t seen the colour matched bumpers on the car now. 🙂

Ongoing restoration photos on the Dropbox link.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Don.Hasi said:

Great find David. Which chassi number is it exactly?

Not sure at the moment Don, will send you a PM when I dig out the V5

• Like 1

• 2 months later...