Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4/S4s/V8 tailgate glass, where? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

S4/S4s/V8 tailgate glass, where?

Go to solution Solved by Jacques,

Hello everyone,

I would probably need a rear tailgate glass (with heat threads) from a late SE/S4/S4s/V8 tailgate. I have looked all over. Does someone know where to find one these days? And are there special ways of cutting it out of the tailgate, without destroying it or the tailgate itself?

Anything else that I should be aware of?

All inputs are highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Jacues

I think tailgate glas for SE and S4/V8 er different size( diff. Hight)

to remove the glass I used same as front windscreen

(Cutting wire and knif )

Yasuo

Do you really need the heating? I've though about replacing it with perspex or similar to reduce weight. I know of one SE with the glass completely removed, but that does make the tailgate it bit less firm. Not ideal on a car that is used frequently, including for shopping etc so with regular opening of the tailgate.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

It is illegal to install perspex or similar on a streetcar in my country, unless it is proven with tests etc, and that is hardly doable.

I meant the later SE which has a tailgate that is similar to S4/S4s/V8. So that model.

Definitely looking for such a glass.

Kind regards,

Jacques

On 01/11/2022 at 21:10, Jacques said:

It is illegal to install perspex or similar on a streetcar in my country, unless it is proven with tests etc, and that is hardly doable.

Will they be able to tell the difference, especially on a hidden piece of exterior glass? One might even argue that because it is not in the passenger compartment, it is exempt from the strict rules.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Solution

Might work in the Belgium, UK or elsewhere, but not in Denmark. All glass have to carry a specific approval number etc. Anyway, I found out that SJ does have one in stock, and I ordered that. Very nice!

Unfortunately the plastic surrounding is not available any more. Hmm...

Now remains to have it shipped here, which is another matter entirely ;)

More to follow on my own thread (Little Red Riding Hood.

Kind regards,

Jacques

• 2 weeks later...