Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 12 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

Yes I bought and sold your first Evora for just under £30k. It was 4 years old when I bought it in 2013 and just under 6 years old when I sold it in 2015. After that initial £33k hit, it never lost a penny!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It’s a bit of an odd video. We all know that HM has more cars than he can possibly drive and a steady revenue of funds to invest in more. He is probably constrained by garage space and SHMBO. It’s probably one in, one out. The Emira is his modern sports car: with only a couple of minor exceptions, he genuinely seems to be happy with it. He clearly does not use it as a daily driver.

He has decided to put the equity from his two year old manufacturer warrantied Lotus Emira together with another £50k of savings to buy a 10 year old McLaren for around £110k-£120k. Good luck to him, but that is not a situation many other Emira owners will find themselves in. He tries to justify it by implying that he has fallen out of love with the Lotus brand since Geely took over. That’s his opinion, but doesn’t make his Emira a lesser car, which needs to sold. He’s had a couple of years out of it and is in the fortunate position of being able to buy an old 650S as another fun car using the Emira proceeds plus a large chunk of cash. That McLaren is not going to be his daily driver either. He could have said that he’s selling his much admired Emira to help fund a 650S and left it at that. I guess he didn’t want to suffer any further depreciation on the Emira. As he said a 10 year old McLaren is pretty much at the bottom of that curve. When you look at the other cars in his garage, they are all effectively classic car investments.

Totally agree with all of this.

That video he did driving through France in a Spider a few months back - you could tell he was smitten, got the itch, then clearly went about getting one.  What I didn't like in this video was that he went from hating black cars to getting a black car.  The appeal of an MSO sourced car was a big lure for him - exclusivity & rarity and he's comprised on colour to get that - that's what makes this car special for him and he's in hype mode for it.  There have been a few videos of late that I think are sending him in the direction of Schmee150 - a little too much focus on exclusivity and rarity.  I still think he knows his stuff and enjoy hearing his thoughts, I just don't want his content getting a bit too ostentatious. 

• Like 1