Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, jep said:

I think @TomEhas been searching for his for quite some time 😀

Justin

😢

Although judging by the emails today to i4 FE deposit holders, my 21 month wait (and counting) isn’t the longest. 

17 hours ago, HXT said:

I’ll guess £100K asking price for the first one on autotrader.

Agree - sometime in January I would say

Somebody will fancy a punt on £20k return, and somebody will pay to jump the queue

I wonder what the asking price will be for the ex demo cars will be when they appear  on the market 🤔  I'm guessing we may see a few next summer with 5-10k miles  on, probably  still alot more that a new base edition.

Edited by marcfair

• Gold FFM

Lotus have told the dealers they'll pull back the demo cars when they get to 6 months or 7,000 miles, whichever comes sooner.  They'll then go into the Approved Used programme.  So sometime around May 2023 for the first ones.

17 minutes ago, TomE said:

Lotus have told the dealers they'll pull back the demo cars when they get to 6 months or 7,000 miles

With the new way Lotus operates will Lotus then replace them with new ones. Then eventually wont dealers need a demo V6 and an I4, if they are both orderable via the Lotus website?

• Gold FFM

Yes.  Lotus were planning to give each dealer a driveable demo car and a static showroom car.  The second car is delayed but should arrive in a month or two.  When the demo car goes back after 6 months, the showroom car becomes the demo car and they get a new showroom car.  Some dealers have asked for three cars, so they can have both Touring and Sports suspensions available for driving.  At some point they'll add an i4 demo car too - probably June next year is my guess.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Looks like this one that I posted in another thread when it was picked up...-

See Central Lotus say that they have had the first delivery/collection at a UK dealer - on their FB. https://www.facebook.com/centrallotusnottingham

£105k albeit retail is very punchy imho, I'd be very ( pleasantly) surprised it if sells for that. If anyone can achieve a £20k tax free return it would be tempting I'm sure. For those planning to keep them a while, like me, then it's great for residuals.

Edited by PJS
  • Like 2

Clearly the owner is looking for a hefty profit but that’s pretty much the norm with most things when demand is greater than supply. (Used car market has recently seen just that)  If someone wants it badly enough and is willing to pay good luck to both and I hope to see more. Personally think it reinforces the brand and certainly won’t be seeing residuals deteriorate for a few years. So that’s a good result for all with early orders. Unless of course the quality is crap 😳🤭

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Is CGT applicable to cars

No capital gains on things that are wasting assets. 

Hence cars, furniture, wine etc as investments

Only here once