Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus For Sale - New listings don't work - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus For Sale - New listings don't work

MonkeyBusiness

Posted in this thread to provide context next to original post as I was (rightly) directed to use lotusforsale for a listing. However, that's actually where I started and I didn't bother to put the whole saga in my original for sale ad as it didn't seem relevant at the time. It is now.

In short, whenever I try to create a new for sale post on lotusforsale I either get nothing or a 500 error (which is server side). I've tried this on 3 browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Edge (screenshots attached). All with the same result (either nothing happens or a 500). I'm running Windows 11 - this isn't an obscure setup.

Would someone else mind checking that they get the same behaviour please as this still persists for me now?

Question is if lotusforsale is broken for new ads or just for new accounts to create new ads then how can I get a listing created here??

Any ideas?

Thanks!

FF.png

chrome.png

Edge.png

Edited by MonkeyBusiness

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for checking so quickly @Bravo73. So I checked on my phone and I have exactly the same problem as on the laptop (500). Phone is samsung (android), browser Chrome.

So maybe an account problem if it works for everyone else? 

Thanks!

Thanks for pointing this out Rick - I think we've been emailing and I'm back in the office today so will look into this for you. If it's a 500 error there will be details in the error logs for me. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 11/01/2023 at 08:12, MonkeyBusiness said:

Posted in this thread to provide context next to original post as I was (rightly) directed to use lotusforsale for a listing. However, that's actually where I started and I didn't bother to put the whole saga in my original for sale ad as it didn't seem relevant at the time. It is now.

In short, whenever I try to create a new for sale post on lotusforsale I either get nothing or a 500 error (which is server side). I've tried this on 3 browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Edge (screenshots attached). All with the same result (either nothing happens or a 500). I'm running Windows 11 - this isn't an obscure setup.

Would someone else mind checking that they get the same behaviour please as this still persists for me now?

Question is if lotusforsale is broken for new ads or just for new accounts to create new ads then how can I get a listing created here??

Any ideas?

Thanks!

FF.png

chrome.png

Edge.png

I am getting the same problems when trying to on the classifieds.

Thanks @Bibs - all sorted now. Was able to create the Ad.

Final question, as it's a part that fits both Evora 4x0 and later Exige V6, is it OK to list twice (unless you're using tags as well to ensure that the Ad ends up in the right sub-forums?). Don't want to be a spam fritter 😉, but at the same time probably more likely that an Exige owner will want one than Evora...

Cheers!

Edited by MonkeyBusiness
Omission (Exige)

@Bibs, so it looks like there's a final hurdle here...

Ads were created on Monday, but no auto-generated Ad scraped from the lotusforsale.com site has appeared in either Exige V6 or Evora for sale sub-forums.. Let me know if there's anything obvious that I've missed there..

Cheers, Rick

They are fed to the forum via Feedburner by Google but I think they're in the process of, or have, depreciated this service as RSS isn't that popular anymore. I'll get another solution sorted :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.