Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Spam Posts - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Spam Posts

Bibs

Over the last couple of weeks there's been an upsurge in spam posts - the IP addresses are from Russia and Iraq would you believe! 

While they're been dealt with in a timely fashion if myself or a moderator are online, if you click 'report' and select 'spam report' the content will be hidden for review after 3 reports. I'd appreciate it if you'd be kind enough to do that if some spam does make it through and ends up on TLF.

We use a paid anti-spam solution from IPS, a Q&A challenge on registration and level 4 CAPTCHA from Google but it still appears! Fingers crossed either they get bored or we get a better solution soon! 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think this morning was the worst in recent days Bibs. By the time I got up at 0630 there was so much spam it took ages to get to any posts worth reading. 

I reported the uppermostpost but only once. Surprised the IP addresses are Russian and Iraqi, the names would suggest the Indian sub continent.

Is it possible for any newbie posting on TLF to be put in a "holding bay" with their 1st few posts so they can be assessed for inclusion or be torched? Or is this not just feasible/practical?

Certainly been quite a few over the last couple of weeks, do they really expect chaps to phone the numbers etc....

I've actually just set new members to require admin approval so that should stem the tide somewhat. By all accounts, the spammers are using hacked email accounts so we may get some spam from dormant accounts at some point too. 

Keith, I've no idea what they aim to achieve, seems to be a waste of everyone's time really. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Think it is just bragging rights.

Like graffiti taggers.

"Look at what I did."

I id a bunch of spammers yesterday or the day before. That was the worst that I had seen. I agree with @Rambo, looked like India.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 months later...

Good thinking, it was hard to keep up!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.