Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Any pros /cons about having home delivery or dealer collection? - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Any pros /cons about having home delivery or dealer collection?

Whitey

I've just had my check out email  😄 and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on which method is best. I live too far away from factory for that option, so its either home delivery or collect from Rybrook Bristol - has anybody collected from them yet and how did it go?  Also, I will want some PPF done so any recommendations in the Bristol / south Wales area.

Although we are not your local dealer, I would say dealer collection. You have probably test driven with them, enjoyed the banter over getting your car, asked about configurations during the process? If you have had a good time then let the dealer enjoy the experience with you. i have thoroughly enjoyed handing over our customer cars as I feel we have been on a journey together.

But thats me! 

• Like 2

I can certainly understand and sympathise with the above.

On the other hand, the one time I bought a new car I couldn't wait to get it home from the dealer. I didn't care if they planned to wash it etc pre delivery, I just wanted the keys so I could drive it home. So home delivery would have been easier.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

10 hours ago, Whitey said:

Also, I will want some PPF done so any recommendations in the Bristol / south Wales area.

I'd suggest having a chat with James Walker at Ti22 in Chepstow, just over the old Severn Bridge.  You may have seen James on some of Chris Harris' (non-Top Gear) car test/reporting.  I've not had them do PPF though that is more of their business these days, but they have detailed and ceramic coated my old Lotus Carlton and two of my Range Rovers in the last 15 years and each has been an excellent job.  Its a bit of a PITA to find, so if you do go for it, get directions for the last 300meters.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours from Bristol 234 miles google maps. Sounds ambitious to me as it takes me 4 hours to do 136 miles from Greenwich to Swindon each day either way 

Just me I would pick up from the factory and stay over night and make a trip of it.

I wouldn't miss picking my new lotus up from the factory awsome. .

• Like 2