Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S4 PAS pump - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S4 PAS pump

Go to solution Solved by Escape,

• Hi all,   see question below. Also the adjuster bolt shoulder is slightly out of round and the hole it goes into is about 0.8 mm to big and the bolt is not clamped tight when it is done up . If this is wear ,where does it come from? If it is partly built in play ,it seems a lot. Have you bought a new adjuster mechanism and noticed any of this? Comments pleaseC1906D04-55C1-4C67-939C-978EE5CFCB93.jpeg.e67d93489ca4bdfcb6892ce4f50a8713.jpeg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Solution

I take it you mean the orientation of the metal spacer block? It seems correct in your picture, but easy enough to verify, the holes should align perfectly. If they're off some distance, flip it over and try again. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Thanks Barry ,I did realise the nut went there, but on that ,the screw it’s on is very long for the position when adjusted ,as in the photo ,for the length of the prescribed belt. If you make the belt longer the feed pipe from the reservoir begins to move away from “vertical “ towards the engine/exhaust manifold.           As mine is,  even at the least position of the pump l will have to feed the belt around the pulley and the screw the pulley to the pump flange.

Thanks Filip, I asked the question because I thought it was the other way around. I will check if the way you say gives the best alignment but as I said there is a lot of play in my set up.

Anyone have comments about play compared with new?

To get the bolt to clamp better and reduce play, add a washer.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.