Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Fuel Filler cap stuck - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Fuel Filler cap stuck

I went to fill up the other day and other than audible clicks from inside the cabin, nothing. Sadly, I was down to a quarter tank and 100 miles from home so used a card to force the flap. Once filled and closed, again, it won't open. 

New bowl assembley including solenoid required? Anyone else had this?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Hi Bibs,

I have just run into this problem with my Evora. Did forcing the flap open cause any damage and what was the fix for the issue?

Had a little issue with mine the other day, it did not want to shut properly, think the cap cable tie thing was trying to get in the way of the release. Certainly had an issue releasing the cable on my ZS years ago so am always careful where it fits back into the car.

Evora manual refers to an emergency way of getting the filler open, but involves removing the rear wheel arch liner and road wheel.