Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Thursday July 13th - Wicked Lady Wheathampsted - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Thursday July 13th - Wicked Lady Wheathampsted

We are going to have a couple of months of evening meets for July & August. The first one on July 13th.

If anyone has any suggestions as to location put it here before the end of the week - otherwise I'll go ahead an book somewhere around St Albans.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
11 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

We are going to have a couple of months of evening meets for July & August. The first one on July 13th.

If anyone has any suggestions as to location put it here before the end of the week - otherwise I'll go ahead an book somewhere around St Albans.

Hi Chris,

If its in the St Albans area I would be up for it. In my Cortina. Sorry I can't suggest any where as I don't know the area. Sorry my Esprit is still in bits. And to answer a comment you made some time ago, if you ever are in the Hitchin area you would be welcome to drop in and have a poke around my Esprit.

@Dave Eds - yes, nice pub, but crappy parking though. I'm looking at the Wicked Lady, was too late to book it last year, hence alternate suggestions this week.

Wicked Lady, Wheathampsted is booked for 13th @ 8pm - meet 7:30 onwards.

Please say if you are coming, and we have been requested to pre-order our food from the menu here - Dinner Menu & Prices | All Day Dining at The Wicked Lady St Albans (thewickedladypub.co.uk)

Deadline is 6pm Monday 10th.

Don't feel obliged to have a starter

1. ChrisJ - Starter: SEA SALT & CRACKED BLACK PEPPER SQUID, Main: Fish & chips

• Gold FFM

You have brought back fond memories of the Wicked Lady at Nomansland Common.

It used to be a very regular haunt of mine back in the (cough!) 70s and 80s in my youth.

I seem to recall drinking Owd Roger quite regularly. Good job (as I recall) the drink drive laws were not as draconian then!

Since I moved away from Hemel Hempstead I have not been there.

Sorry for the late reply. Evenings are tricky for me, as I'm not normally back from work in time. So I won't be able to attend. 

As I side note I will be going to the car show at Matching Green on Sunday.

If anyone is interested 11.00am-16.30pm  post code CM17 0PZ

Tony 

On 27/06/2023 at 13:06, ChrisJ said:

Wicked Lady, Wheathampsted is booked for 13th @ 8pm - meet 7:30 onwards.

Please say if you are coming, and we have been requested to pre-order our food from the menu here - Dinner Menu & Prices | All Day Dining at The Wicked Lady St Albans (thewickedladypub.co.uk)

Deadline is 6pm Monday 10th.

Don't feel obliged to have a starter

1. ChrisJ - Starter: SEA SALT & CRACKED BLACK PEPPER SQUID, Main: Fish & chips
  2. Brian Harvey - Nothing for me, but still plan to be there in my Cortina.

Hi Chris,

As there are not many takers so far, if you decide to cancel I'm sure you'll let us know. Just checked the weather and its looking good.

It'll be self evident as I'm the only one so far who has confirmed that they are going - with food choice.

1 pan roasted lamb rump

1 fish and chips

1 mini dessert and hot drink

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

As no-one apart from @pete has confirmed, this is now cancelled as a group meal. If people want to turn up, you will need to make your own arrangements for food.

Hi Chris,

Shame there were not many takers and you have had to cancel. i was looking forward to giving my Cortina an airing.

Just spoken to the venue - while they are aware that my initial estimate are not coming, we do have room on the table I've booked for a few extras.