Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Wiscombe Park hill climb - 29th and 30th July - discounts will be available! - UK - South West England - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Wiscombe Park hill climb - 29th and 30th July - discounts will be available!

Hi all,

I contacted Wiscombe Park as I was keen to go along to the British Championship weekend and have been asked to see how much interest there might be by the organisers...

If it looks as though a few Lotus will be coming along (either day I suppose, unless there's a strong preference?) they will provide a discounted booking link that takes the admission price to £11 (plus £1 more for the programme).  Under 14s are free and it's a typically friendly open paddock hill climb event, with food etc. available.

So, is anyone interested in coming along?  Particularly calling the locals that I know... @mayevora, @exeterjeep, @MPx, @EGTE...

Please comment and edit this to add the booking link once it's available

Hope to see you there (no idea what day I'll go yet.. may end up depending on the weather!)

Cheers, Mark 

Wiscombe Park - Lotus Flyer 2023 (1).png

Wiscombe - Site map - Clubs.jpg

Wiscombe - Promo brochure 2023 V1.pdf

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I am already going 👍😊 I have some tickets complements of BBC Radio Devon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Currently under discussion ... would suit me best on the Sat but I may be required for chauffuer duty, in which case Sunday, but i wont go both days.  Weather will also be relevant!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Cool, hope to see you there Ian, which day are you going?😁👍, good luck with your negotiations Mike!

the booking form is here: http://www.wiscombepark.co.uk/events

and the discount code is ‘clubpackagelotus 

Pass the word around, it would be good to get a decent group there

10 hours ago, MPx said:

Weather will also be relevant!

Looks as if parking is in a field? Which might be an issue for my front splitter on the Evora, Any one been before?

Had to look on google to find out where it was. Don't fancy going if the land is a bit like the Devon County show used to be when its muddy and need tractors to get out.

At the moment, Saturday looks OK but wet on Sunday, but we know how accurate the weather forecasts are these days.

I see this is now on Club Lotus FB.

Yes Keith, been several times - I've a mate who used to trial a bike, now a home made special car.  The public parking is in a field starting at the top of the hill, but its quite steep going down towards the entry (left side) so more likely to get stuck the further down the hill you need to go.   Back in the LEF days before TLF, Ian organised a meet there and at least half a doz of us were there in Esprits.  I've been in both Esprit and Elan without issue, but not when its been deluge wet - just the odd shower/drizzle. 

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Tickets I have are for Sunday. Been many times in many cars: like Mke says it’s field parking but park on the flat relatively close to entrance and you’ll be fine. It’s so high up on the  hill it also drains quite well.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

6 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Looks as if parking is in a field? Which might be an issue for my front splitter on the Evora, Any one been before?

Had to look on google to find out where it was. Don't fancy going if the land is a bit like the Devon County show used to be when its muddy and need tractors to get out.

At the moment, Saturday looks OK but wet on Sunday, but we know how accurate the weather forecasts are these days.

I see this is now on Club Lotus FB.

Looks as though my involvement may have spurred Mick into action for the SW group!

On 17/07/2023 at 13:42, mayevora said:

Tickets I have are for Sunday. Been many times in many cars: like Mke says it’s field parking but park on the flat relatively close to entrance and you’ll be fine. It’s so high up on the  hill it also drains quite well.

Thanks for that @mayevora, I'll likely aim for the Sunday too in that case.

I think it's been covered @exeterjeep, Parking is in a field but it was pretty smooth at the top end (certainly no issues for my n/a) and you could always come in the M100?

Hope to see you there