Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
93 S4 Brake pads. Best for low dust. - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

93 S4 Brake pads. Best for low dust.

Mine currently coat the wheels in black soot like brake dust after 30 miles of driving. They were bought from PNM with new discs a few years ago and although hardly worn drive me insane,

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket pad that isnt track biased and has low dust qualities??

Shaun.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I used to use EBC Yellow Stuff for ages, but found they were a bit hard for my liking, and produced a fair old bit of dust. Recommended by Pete at PNM when I fitted the 4-piston rear conversion, I now use EBC Green Stuff all round. Perfect for my needs with the larger brakes I have, and they produce far less dust. They’re not a track day pad, more for road use.

Margate Exotics.

I fitted EBC Red Stuff pads to the front of my Evora about 1000 miles ago.  They're low noise, low dust, and (quite important this bit...) provide decent stopping power!  An excellent all-rounder for road use I'd say.

On 08/09/2023 at 15:21, Clarky5150 said:

Mine currently coat the wheels in black soot like brake dust after 30 miles of driving.

So, what pads are they?

Cheers,

John W

4 hours ago, jonwat said:

So, what pads are they?

Whatever pads were sent with the discs. Thats part of the problem. I have got green stuff pads on the S2 Elan with an AP brake conversion and they work well. I might try a set and see if noticeable improvement and report back 🫡

• Like 1