Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hethel - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They ought to think about having an accessible showroom, after all the local Lotus agent lost the new car part of the business, so just doing second hand /parts /service.

They also have a collection of cars that ought to be on display. Someone was asking this question at the SWLC open day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Akajak said:

I thought that as you can collect from Hethel they would have some sort of showroom/handover area,

There have been pics of the area where some Emira's have been handed over and it often seems that Scott does the handovers. (like the Harrys garage one)

Thump. Thump. Whack Whack. Yikes..

The sound of nails being driven into the coffin lid of dealers, and the odd thumb being hit.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The sound of nails being driven into the coffin lid of dealers, and the odd thumb being hit.

Not at all. It's just another location on the dealer map. People can currently opt to collect from there but they still have to nominate a local dealer who will take care of them going forward.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

They are now selling cars directly from Hethel. Contact Scott Walker and he'll be able to help 👍

@scott or swalker@lotuscars.com 

Blimey. I assume you need an appointment? 

Do other manufacturers do this? I know Ford did for the 05 GT but can you buy direct from Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini etc ....? 

Justin 

17 minutes ago, jep said:

Don't think you can just turn up and then they let you off with the keys to an Evija or even an Emira for a quick blast around the local roads.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jep said:

They've got new partnerships with Pistonheads, Carwow & Autotrader. If you like the look of one of their stock cars, contact them and an appointment to view/drive etc can be arranged. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/dealer/983400

https://www.carwow.co.uk/lotus/deals

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/retailer/10038407?channel=cars

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

5 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

They ought to think about having an accessible showroom.

Yep, I remember turning up at the gate barrier some 30 plus years ago on  my honeymoon expecting there to be some sort of a visitor attraction. Good thing that was the only disappointment of the honeymoon😁.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mdw said:

Yep, I remember turning up at the gate barrier some 30 plus years ago on  my honeymoon expecting there to be some sort of a visitor attraction. Good thing that was the only disappointment of the honeymoon😁.

lol, not in the mkt for a new Lotus, just thought you might be able to visit off the cuff and look at the new stuff

24 minutes ago, Akajak said:

lol, not in the mkt for a new Lotus, just thought you might be able to visit off the cuff and look at the new stuff

Not really the new stuff more the historical stuff a bit like the Porsche or Mercedes museum in Stuttgart where yes you can turn up off the cuff!!!! Obviously not quite on the budget they've done in Germany 😁

• Like 1