Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Blackart Graphics to produce an Emira? - help required. - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Blackart Graphics to produce an Emira? - help required.

Al

Some of you will be familiar with http://www.blackartgraphics.com/ and the lovely 'blueprint' style plaques they produce for earlier Lotus cars as an official supplier.  I have 2 on my study wall and I know others who have in their Man Caves.  Well they haven't yet got an Emira available yet but with some help it won't take much to make it happen.  I have been in discussion with Dan Kozakewycz and if he can get about 5 orders together it will make it worthwhile for him to produce the template.  I already have another LEGS member looking for an A3 one and I want an A4 one.  Can we drum up any further orders?  If we could do this soon he would be able to produce to be in time for Christmas presents.  This next bit copied from Dan

Current catalogue list pricing (inc customisation) is as follows:

A4 - £179
A3 - £249
A2 - £399
A1 - £679

These can also be a mix of i4 and V6 models (assuming no major visual differences between them).

Our payment terms for new commissions are 50% on booking with the balance payment due upon submission of the finished draft copy for your review, prior to final manufacture. 

Please point people in the direction of our Porsche Collection for an idea of how the finished designs will look, the 718 GT4 RS is our most recent addition: Porsche 718 GT4 RS

Reason for directing people here instead of the Lotus collection is that the products listed in the Lotus Collection depict the products that were offered as official licensed merchandise a few years back, however we no longer hold that license and cannot use the official trademarks or use the green Lotus branded presentation box. As such, the Porsche Collection is a better match for how new Lotus models will be offered.

Standard lead time is approx. 4 weeks from order, however I would endeavour to get them all done and shipped in time for Christmas if we had enough deposits to proceed confirmed by the end of November.

If anybody interested could you PM me, or post up here I'll see that we can get the required numbers together first before we try ordering on his website.

Cheers, Al.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 23/11/2023 at 18:42, Al said:

Some of you will be familiar with http://www.blackartgraphics.com/ and the lovely 'blueprint' style plaques they produce for earlier Lotus cars as an official supplier.  I have 2 on my study wall and I know others who have in their Man Caves.  Well they haven't yet got an Emira available yet but with some help it won't take much to make it happen.  I have been in discussion with Dan Kozakewycz and if he can get about 5 orders together it will make it worthwhile for him to produce the template.  I already have another LEGS member looking for an A3 one and I want an A4 one.  Can we drum up any further orders?  If we could do this soon he would be able to produce to be in time for Christmas presents.  This next bit copied from Dan

Current catalogue list pricing (inc customisation) is as follows:

A4 - £179
A3 - £249
A2 - £399
A1 - £679

These can also be a mix of i4 and V6 models (assuming no major visual differences between them).

Our payment terms for new commissions are 50% on booking with the balance payment due upon submission of the finished draft copy for your review, prior to final manufacture. 

Please point people in the direction of our Porsche Collection for an idea of how the finished designs will look, the 718 GT4 RS is our most recent addition: Porsche 718 GT4 RS

Reason for directing people here instead of the Lotus collection is that the products listed in the Lotus Collection depict the products that were offered as official licensed merchandise a few years back, however we no longer hold that license and cannot use the official trademarks or use the green Lotus branded presentation box. As such, the Porsche Collection is a better match for how new Lotus models will be offered.

Standard lead time is approx. 4 weeks from order, however I would endeavour to get them all done and shipped in time for Christmas if we had enough deposits to proceed confirmed by the end of November.

If anybody interested could you PM me, or post up here I'll see that we can get the required numbers together first before we try ordering on his website.

Cheers, Al.

I'd have an Emira one in A3.

How is the deposit done?

Jon

Getting Older!

On 27/11/2023 at 08:15, Jon Fuller said:

I'd have an Emira one in A3.

How is the deposit done?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for posting up and sorry for delay but I was away a few days.  At the moment I'm just trying to gauge the interest and then it would be available via their website I'm expecting but we aren't at that stage yet.  I'll get back to you if we can muster enough interest.

Cheers, Al.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

1 hour ago, Jon Fuller said:

I take it that for the alloy version, black is the only option for the anodising? dark green would be nice.

That is correct. While custom colours are technically possible, we'd need a minimum order of 50 in that colour so it's not really practical, unfortunately.

The standard prints are all going to be the same format (portrait, very basic technical spec to keep it simple) and non customised to keep the price down, however if you are ordering one of the personalised aluminium ones then I would be happy do a custom print with a duplicate of the full tech spev artwork in the green. I'd need to work out a price for that as it would cost more than the standard prints!

Whilst not an Emira owner… I do have 2 of Dans custom Ali prints of my previous Evora (x2).

Can vouch for his work, and I really ought to get round to having one done for my Cup250FE

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 3 weeks later...

@Al @Jon Fuller

Hello everyone, good news on this project as I've just heard from a friend of mine who has just taken delivery of their Emira and would like an A1 version, so with that one onboard we now have enough demand to proceed and I will be arranging a trip over the water from the Isle of Wight to Dorset to do the required reference photography with his car within the next week or two (once he's got all his warning lights sorted😂).

As such I'm now opening up the pre-orders for this model, I've created direct order links below before the various plaque sizes (I can't create a full website listing until the artwork is completed and I can add all the product photos). 

The DEPOSITPAYMENT discount code has been automatically added to take 50% off the total. The balance payment will then become due once the the artwork has been completed and your personalised proof copies have all been issued, this will need to be settled prior to final manufacture. 

At the moment there's only one request for a print as an add on item with a plaque so I'll sort that directly as an add on to that order. If anyone would like to order a print on its own, let me know and I can get those product listings and order links set up. 

Once your order is confirmed you will receive an email requesting the vehicle information that you would like to be included on the plaque. Once this has been filled in (and the base template for the Emira has been generated), our artists will put together your personalised design and email over a draft copy for you to review and approve.

Please ensure that the steps in the email following the order confirmation are followed, the links provided feed information back to our order management system to avoid errors and delays in the customisation and approvals process. 

Customised Lotus Emira A4 Engineered Art Pre-Order | £149

Customised Lotus Emira A3 Engineered Art Pre-Order | £279

Customised Lotus Emira A2 Engineered Art Pre-Order | £379

Customised Lotus Emira A1 Engineered Art Pre-Order | £679

• Like 1

Well great to see this gaining some traction Dan!  Just ordered my A3 one as a starter.  I'll post a link up on a few Lotus groups I'm in.  The other known purchaser I had is travelling at present but will be no doubt on here in due course

• Love 1

I can also vouch for the quality of Dan’s work and have just ordered an A2 Emira plaque to go with my other plaques. 

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a delay this week as I've had to spend a lot of time trouble shooting a technical fault with the laser which ended up being a failed power supply. 

Now the parts are on order, I've managed to get back to some drawing work!

Front view now done...

FrontView.jpg.4d4e4c73dfb512b89c558ec1dc9d19c7.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, apologies for the long delay in updates. Getting inundated with general laser cutting work at the moment which I'm having to take on even if it's not ideal as the current economy has nerfed sales of the Engineered Art products quite badly!

Emira drawing is almost complete now, I'm just sorting the technical specifications. I've started by copying the Evora GT specs and editing them. 

Currently trying to find details on the gear ratios for the Emira, does anyone know if these are different from the Evoras?

LotusEmiraV6FE-4_00000.jpg.600d21ef5436b1bbd2f9846bd2a60450.jpgLotusEmiraV6FE-4_00001.jpg.8f7c66e5d92a070fd5e06ef9947e1ca3.jpgLotusEmiraV6FE-4_00002.jpg.193d2d5b6e19ddf5b81ea85bb813ada2.jpgLotusEmiraV6FE-4_00003.jpg.edb66d817d5e77a2256df505648b5a98.jpgLotusEmiraV6FE-4_00004.jpg.4b4c2a0fbf5cf82c24ec4f0b9933f202.jpgLotusEmiraV6FE-4_00005.jpg.094143c9c840b29483caed456608b81a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For anybody maybe on the fence about ordering one Dan has now finalised the artwork for these plaques and those of us who are early adopters have got our proofs and updates done and signed off for production.

• Like 1