Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seriously, I think there's a lot of speculative "Investments" made amongst those brands. Thank God that didn't happen (yet) to Lotus.

In my Humble view, many of those cars are very nice and Classic shape, engine, exhaust and all, but seriously it would take a very special one, to beat a good Lotus Esprit.

To me, it have a lot to do with hysteria.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Oh my goodness, this is my post number 888, so I can print it out and sell it to some silly Ducati owner for the very discrete and super low barn find Price of say 230.000,- gbp. because of the 888's racing history, and because a former Ducati racing rider, now have a Ferrari. Now, that's a find! With attatched authentical history of how it came to be, that I mentioned the name Ducati in this Lotus forum.

If need be, we can arrange the transaction via a local super well known Ducati dealer, which also have a racing history, and whose boss met a former boss of Ducati, and whose dog ate half of his luchpack at least on no less than three occations!!!

Be a firstmover! Go get it! You know, that you secretly want it! Before some famous auction-house see it!

Printed on first class extra thick paper, looked at and acknowledged by the "National Society of Loophole Economy Association" (NSA), and authentified by in internationally well known organisation "Fast Over Ones Liability" (FOOL).

Cheers,

Jacques.

ps: no sending by mail. Only pick up personally.

a esprit S2 are also not cheap anymore (if its a LHD)

the S3 is still together with the stevens N/A and Turbo the cheapest esprit to get,

a LHD esprit S2 cost around 30.000 euro,-

a stevens esprit (turbo) cost around 12,500 / 16.000 euro

and yess the S4s is a expensive one, just because of the V8 body on it and the so far so good old 4 cil. car,

(everybody knows that!)

If anyone want an indication of how ridiculous the classic car market has got, look at this rust heap of $hit that sold for £132,250.  It comes with a nice badge though.

DSC_0001_zpsmjdxsmeb.jpg

There's a good story to that Ferrari - it was sitting in a garage less than a mile away from me, the owner died a year or so ago, apparently he outrun the the police in the early 70's and was paranoid about them looking out for him 'car', he kept it hidden in the garage all that time, it had done very few miles. The guy was motorcycle racer btw

So you could have offer him a good price on that Dino then?

Here are a few more bargains from the same magazine.  Anyone want an original 1969 McLaren for £45k, or a 1962 E-Type for £11k or a DB5 for £31,500?

ilug_zpsgpp0vqbh.jpg

Aston_zpsvrznt9rv.jpg

Aston%20DB4_zpsvrsqkets.jpg

Jag_zpsnztil7kz.jpg

This one's from an older mag from the 90s.  Look at the prices now.

Aston%20DB5%20Volante_zpspbdkhtgn.jpg

Its having a knock on effect on all Ferraris'............. The not-long-ago formerly unloved 400's  - One on AT at the moment for £40k+.....Madness...... Then again I've just seen 3 G Turbos' surfing the web and they are all over £15k

I know I paid top end for mine but it is in top condition hopefully got in to G club before the pices go skyward like the rest of the classics about. my old man bought his 280sl Pagoda in top nick at 25k it is now valued over 80! 

Do you expect me to talk........ No Mr Bond I expect you to die!

I hope they do rise.Purely because I think they are the best looking lotus cars built.WIth fantastic pedigree.Look at the prices asked for The early lotus cars.which are fantastic cars also.Hope the prices rise for the Stephens cars also...Mike

MarK B

Well done.  You are the best.  I now have something I can show the wife to justify owning two!!!! :thumbsup:

And me Phil! I've been rattling on to her about what an investment our cars are..................

..............Then again I've managed to hold on to it for 21 years now  :cat:

Great to see that...(at last)

I hope they stay affordable, well, relatively low priced, so that not every 16 y.o. trash them, but they wil be driven, not displayed on fat carpets behind golden rope.

Cheers,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Being collectable I think Essex values will vary hugely on condition and originality. A magazine article a year or two ago suggested £45k for an Essex so I'm not surprised at £32k based on the current exchange rate  

I said that Barry, think Matt @ Lotus Silverstone Is keen, as he ordered that car...thinking would look awesome in your garage next to your lovely Essex

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

There's a good story to that Ferrari - it was sitting in a garage less than a mile away from me, the owner died a year or so ago, apparently he outrun the the police in the early 70's and was paranoid about them looking out for him 'car', he kept it hidden in the garage all that time, it had done very few miles. The guy was motorcycle racer btw

I saw the earlier post and wondered it it was "that" car!

I also think 45.000 euro is a Fair price for a Essex (in good order!)

its still for sale or ist a fake Ad.?

do you maby know more from this car barrie?