Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 13 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

And rare Stevens N/As..!

They're rarer because no one wanted one.

Err . . . Sorry that was a bit harsh.  They may be a bit slower but they still look great :).  

And when launched, they looked better than the Turbos, which sported an ugly vulcan grey valance.

• Gold FFM

They're rarer because no one wanted one

Oh no - is that why they only did 4 or 5 UK esprit s like mine!!! Lmao

160bhp vs 215, 228 or 264bhp would you pick a 160???? And the 0-60 is 6.5 seconds compared with 5.1 for my 228 unit. All I see is folks striving for more grunt. Never see anyone wishing to have less to make a car more drivable and reliable!!

Only here once

When you look at the values today of the equivalent competition of the time, I think the Esprits still have a way to go in terms of values.

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

It's strange really. On the one hand, I want the values to rocket as that will keep more of them on the road, they would justify the higher price as they are just sublime, drop dead gorgeous cars, they would encourage more to restore etc. and I really want to see these Esprits keep on going - though they are a very very rare sight these days on the road, unless of course you are with a Lotus group on a run.

Then, on the other hand, I like the fact that they are relatively "cheap" (I use that word with respect) as it means I have a chance to be able to afford to buy one, one day, and get to be privileged as a custodian of a piece of British motoring history from a time when Britannia may not have ruled over waves any longer, but she seriously ruled the roads and she seriously whooped the ass off the German, French, American, Japanese and THE Italian's  :)

A white turbo HC, with red interior, and red decals and white/chrome spoked effect original 5 stud wheels - I'd even give up the chance of a dirty weekend with Kylie for one of those...

Oh well, I must dream on and wish those of you who have one, many many miles of smiles.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

A white turbo HC, with red interior, and red decals and white/chrome spoked effect original 5 stud wheels - I'd even give up the chance of a dirty weekend with Kylie for one of those...

Erm, you can arrange dirty weekends with Kylie? Would you be so kind as to pass the details on to a fellow Lotus enthusiast?

Please?

Pretty please?

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Nope, I'm a selfish sod!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

They're rarer because no one wanted one. 

Harsh  :X

Budget restrictions + desire for Esprit ownership = Non Turbo.

I'd love a Turbo SE but this one came along at an unmissable price and has the same Esprit looks (and no nasty grey sills/valances)

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I saw a good reciew on a n/a, you could drive it flat out round the lanes with out killing your self when the turbo comes in.

I was a about to say just about say when they were new the budget and desire equation was most probable reason, one day someone will say the same about a n/a evora now there all supercharged

Just sold mine for £5.5k!!!!. Loads of money spent but unfortunately its not running properly due to a problem that I cannot identify.

You need to be realistic about pricing - to a lot of people they look like a kit car.

You don't have to do too much extra if part of a full rebuild to make an n/a very near to the " more desirable cars" .   209bhp rather than 215bhp.  I would imagine a freshly rebuilt properly sorted one would stand up quite well and to be fair in the south east a turbo gets you to the back of the line of cars in front .5 of a second quicker where you sit in the same queue of traffic as me!!!

I was discussing this with brianc at brands and as the unloved ginger stepchild of the esprit world we think we should have our own little sub group :harhar:.

Just sold mine for £5.5k!!!!. Loads of money spent but unfortunately its not running properly due to a problem that I cannot identify.

You need to be realistic about pricing - to a lot of people they look like a kit car.

I helped sell an Esprit last year for well in excess of £60k. No offence mate but a rattle can painted car with no clear coat and a home rebuilt and currently fcuked engine is hardly a prime example of the marque. That said, 3-4 years ago you'd have struggle to get half of that money for it. Prices are going up! 

The only people who think it's a kit car clearly know nothing about cars. It was in production for 28 years, hardly not on the radar! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Anyone got a rendering with a v8 rear wing and a s4s mid way up wing?

Do they look good together

Oh come on Barry

That's just spoiler masturbation mate

Me and my red head N/A are in!

Urm. I've got this thing for redheads...

706707-bigthumbnail.jpg

She is naturally aspirated. Probably puffs and pants quite a lot too but goes like a wild thing...

• Like 1

And I vote for a ARS - "Appreciation of the Rear wing Society" sub Group ;)

Or in short pronounced: Arse...

Cheers,

Jacques.

ps: spoilers up!

I thought that we had already formed this group?

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/76501-sexiest-rear-wing/

AKA "Sexy ARS"

Advantage can obviously go and sit in the sulking corner.

Clear coat is DIRE... it's the one true Achilles heel of the Esprit. It crazes and falls off.... and the only cure is a total respray. Which is why I didn't clear coat mine.... just sprayed it solid colour with ICI Belco Cellulose. Don't give a stuff about what the moronic "collectors"  might pay... Still looks pretty good after 20 odd years. I accept that the stone chips need work... but then, the car is 33 years old. My first car was an MG TC from 1947... and I bought that as a chassis and a pile of tea chests at the age of 20 (for me!) and 19 for the car..... shows the difference in build quality....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The esprit - all derivatives - is frankly British heritage and legendary motoring. It's as important a car as the mini or the beetle imho

Of course, we have to include the TVR, the Jaguar, the Aston Martin, the Land Rover, the Allegro and the Marina.

<ducks>