Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 28 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

• Gold FFM

Oh yes - that's what I like to see. Especially with recent expenditure.

mechanically mine gonna be completely sorted - with all the big jobs done. Just some small paint to make lovely now.......

up up up and away - how can the esprit have been sooooo overlooked. All the stablemates have flown in values - yet the esprit still kicks them all firmly in the spuds on track

I'm sure that the later dash ones in silver will fare the best !!!! 

My lads let slip some of the expenditure to date :popo: we have had a serious grown up conversation today !!!

• Like 2

Only here once

58 minutes ago, rudolphwolven said:

LHD Lotus Esprit V8......... 1999, 31.300 km ......... 79.000 € 

$_20.JPG

There is no way that is a 1999. '96 or '97. AWI wheels and S4s spoiler. Unless it was sat around unregistered for a few years...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

23 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

There is no way that is a 1999. '96 or '97. AWI wheels and S4s spoiler. Unless it was sat around unregistered for a few years...

..........  With approximately 5,000 kilometers of the odo was exchanged.  ........a defective odo at 5.000 kilometers is rather uncommon....could it be a former USA-miles car ?

• Gold FFM

Ah yes - the OLD shape dash :sofa: or yes classic s4s if you prefer that term to old and out dated.....

@ian29gte ain't gonna help you here - he's busy fitting skirting boards whilst being under the thumb

• Like 1

Only here once

Ha ha I LOVE gauges Barry. I can't get enough of them. It was one of the things that really attracted me to mine. Like a fookin' Harrier cockpit! I'm short of several though, an oil temp. gauge, a voltmeter, a lady passenger groin wetness meter...

Seriously, my yet to be finished V8 ECM will have so much Bluetooth readout that you will need a 32" monitor to cope with it. Or perhaps an Heads Up Display on the windscreen. Hmmm. Now there's an idea...

17 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Ha ha I LOVE gauges  ( 1 ) Barry. I can't get enough of them. It was one of the things that really attracted me to mine. Like a fookin' Harrier cockpit! I'm short of several though, an oil temp. gauge, a voltmeter, ( 2 ) a lady passenger groin wetness meter...

This one certainly meets your requirements ( 1 ) and ( 2 )...........no hole in the passenger seat's leather is required........the digital display can be located beyound the radio-panel so you both can have fun / are up to date informed and have a subject to discuss..........it's Chinese and costs only  $ 2.33 delivered free home

HTB19nQfHpXXXXc.apXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg?size=5

• Like 2

96 V8 Esprit currently on the market in Oz for Au$120,000 (Approx. 65,000 UK Pounds).  Not in the best of condition and has had front end damage.

96 V8 Esprit

2f06b0b9b399e1b7466c95e611e86140.jpg?asp

• Like 1

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Probably damaged as they put the indicators/sidelights back the wrong way around and it is missing the front splitter.

Hate the wheels, why do people do that to AWIs?

Anyway, that is a huge amount of GBP or AU$ for a V8. Are they rare down under Simon?

10 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

No problem Rudd.

I have sorta become one over the last year with getting my accident smashed one back on the road what with trying to find spares :thumbup:

Actually I have become something of an anorak on V8s. Even told Brooke to get his act in order over his front number pate mounting on his gorgeous new '03 black V8 :smoke:

We like to term it as "the classic S4s styled dash" Barry :P

@ian29gte help me out here... B-)

Having just removed the top of my binnacle to access the gauges....................

I prefer the look of the boomerang binnacle, but removal is the pits.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

The new one is a doddle to get off

missing an oil pressure Gauge though. Oh yes - and a boost gauge 

I shall miss both of those - and probably fit those some how

Only here once

8 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Probably damaged as they put the indicators/sidelights back the wrong way around and it is missing the front splitter.

Hate the wheels, why do people do that to AWIs?

Anyway, that is a huge amount of GBP or AU$ for a V8. Are they rare down under Simon?

There's around a dozen V8's in Oz 90% are '96 models and most have their indicators in reverse which indicates front end damage / respray.  In fact nearly all late model Esprits that come to the market in Oz have reverse indicators, sadly.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

The new one is a doddle to get off

missing an oil pressure Gauge though. Oh yes - and a boost gauge 

I shall miss both of those - and probably fit those some how

They leave the boost gauge out so you can't see the state of your turbos.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

It seems like the market is about to jump on the v8s as there are some unusual prices out there and possibly we could be seeing quite a hike in the next 3/4 months.

It would be interesting to hear whats achieved, probably unlikely so I suppose our best guide is these asking prices.

The only one that I thought would have sold by now is the nice looking red v8 on ebay at 25k which I think is one of the members on here which is a counter argument for prices soaring.

It wasn't long ago that a nice V8 could be had for less than £18k so £25k is already likely to be more than the owner paid for it, which is entirely fine in my book. However the fact that £25k is now considered on the low side for a V8 is confirmation of how prices have risen.

The only surprising bit for me is how well the V8s have done when the standard line in pub banter is that the 4cyl Esprits are better and less trouble. I always thought the S4s would outstrip the V8 but the opposite appears to be the case. I say this as a fan of the V8 by the way, I'm glad it's finally getting recognised as the bona fide supercar that it is. One of the few from its era to handle really well too.

• Like 1

I completely agree with you Jonny that prices have moved a fair bit the last 12 months, especially having bought and sold in that time.  I think the hardcore Lotus owners debate the most desirable later esprit and a common debate is that the s4s with a lighter engine and similar power is a great car and could be considered the best.  My view from the outside was that I wanted the looks of the later esprit and loved the crude power delivery of the v8 even if the handling was slightly sacrificed with the weight gains.  A lot of casual fans of the brand and I consider myself in between casual-hardcore would often say that the later cars are more sorted in terms of reliability and have the v8 growl/grunt at low speeds which is definitely a big plus point for me.  I am not saying either is correct (although I do own a v8:)) just stating both sides of the argument.  I also do think there is potential for a more significant price spike with the v8s in the near future with cars that are available at present and the possible direction the market is heading.

I think the charm of the earlier cars with the smaller engines is unquestioned but with the later cars my stance is there is an argument for both and they tend to be slightly swayed one way or another depending if you are a hardcore fan or more of a casual. 

in my humble opinion of course!

You only have to look under esprits for sale on google images, i looked at a turbo on it the other day, 85 plate white G turbo, nice looking car in usable condition,  and fairly low miles,  £6000 or offers, I looked at the date listed 2014 so not long ago, you would not get a complete restoration project for that kind of money now if looking for one to purchase. :cry:  But good news for folks who already own cars :)  by the looks of things i think its generally the whole brand that seems to going up in value as elites eclats etc seem to be rising in value, apart from excels and the M100 elan prices seem to be remaining the same though IMO :whistle: 

But then there is Douglas valley breakers who must think lotus esprits are worth 100s thousands of pounds as when browsing ebay yesterday stumbled on a set of lotus esprit instruments for an early esprit, the outer rings on the gauges rusted more than the titanics hull and he is asking 75 quid.  cant do links but some of his prices he obviously thinks we are a ferrari market prices already :lol:

A

Just sold........LHD in the Netherlands .....at v.d Kooi...........  34.750,- ...........nice price for a 1986 Lotus Esprit 2.2 TURBO...... 148.648 km

foto-11422452-0.jpg

foto-11422452-9.jpg

http://vanderkooisportscars.nl/voorraad/item/?voorraad=11422452:lotus-esprit-2.2%20turbo%20%27guigiaro%27

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BP81 said:

Thats a great price Ruud, was that the asking price or do you know what it sold for?

34.750,-  was the asking price.....however I know Willem v.d. K. (a little only) and he is an excellent negotiator.......tough on discounts and Lotus fairy tales too.

He has a nose for what is searched for and the recent Esprit-prices itself tend to move into his lap.......this 2.2 Turbo was as far as I know only for a very short period part of his 2nd hand stock.......most probabely he could sell it with a good story and the excellent condition of the car plus nice pictures for the full price.....

if any discount...... then imo at a max. of   3.000,-.....however I seriously doubt.....this spring it is a very affordable price for a nice LHD Esprit........

Edited by rudolphwolven
  • Like 1