Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HyperOS Update? - Page 6 - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

HyperOS Update?

Mine has updated straight from 1.3.0w to 1.4.0x with no issues.

Carplay and Android Auto both showing as Apps. If you do a long press on the taskbar (next to the phone and camera button) they both show for ease of adding.

Android Auto seems to be via USB only atm? Wireless/bluetooth support not working? My phones charge port is dead (wireless charging only atm) so I can't personally test it.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks to Brenna (Lotus senior customer care manager & JCT600 Lotus Bradford) for sorting out 1.4x for us. For a total numpty with IT of any description it was pretty straightforward. We are out & about tomorrow so hopefully we will see what all the fuss is about or we won’t notice anything different; I had previously uploaded my Spotify library and no I don’t know how 😂

• Haha 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I had long drive at the weekend to take my son back to uni to test 1.4.0x.  Initial thoughts are:

Android Auto works very well so far - very happy with that!.  One thing to note is that if your phone was previously already paired with the car, the easiest way is to enable AA is to unpair / forget on both your car and phone, and then start the pairing again from scratch.  The car and phone asks all the correct questions to enable AA and transparently do whatever is needed for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth necessary to support AA.  The only slight annoyance is that the AA display will often overlay the native satnav screen, but you can still see an inch of the native map above the window for Android Auto.  That would be fixed with the mentioned future full screen option, but I do quite like the view of the road and other cars / objects that are detected in the right third of the screen.  It would be great if AA could use the full screen height, but have the option to tile with the right hand display side - and to turn off the native satnav display when running.

I was pleased to see that the sat-nav next turn instructions from either Google Maps or Waze running in AA also display on the HUD - but the miles to KM bug on the HUD still exists with that.  I'm hoping the HUD can be updated as part of the OTA - I was previously thinking it was the native sat nav app telling HUD the wrong information, but it is clearly an issue with the HUD itself.

Highway Asist now seems nag less often about hands on the steering wheel, but it still requires far too much force to be put into the steering to confirm that hands are on the wheel.  I don't ever take my hands off the wheel, I trust the Lotus far less with highway assist than I have been inclined to with other cars previously, it is very annoying to be told to do something I am already doing.

I can confirm that the auto emergency braking doesn't turn on again automatically despite either amber or red warning messages about hands on the wheel.  Therefore still keen to know exactly what the monitoring system needs to think it has detected me not doing before turning such things back on again!?

It is great that the map now works in the app to show the car location.

There was a note in the release updates about the traffic sign recognition warning volume, not sure I've noticed that, but they don't seem to have done anything to improve the actual recognition of road signs.  Several times at the weekend I drove through temporary speed restrictions that were very clearly signposted - but the car mostly just ignored the signs and told me the default speed for the road which I assume it gets from the sat nav maps.  Sign detection is far from being new tech, Lotus should do doing a lot better with this.

My car had/has the indicator tick problem with 1.3.0w, but this seems greatly improved with 1.4.0x, though not convinced it is totally fixed.  Lotus have told me this is a hardware / wiring loom issue, but I suspect the software, and specifically the prioritisation / muting of different types of system noise being played through the speakers.  There was a couple of times on my weekend road trip when the ticking briefly disappeared, but those instances were very brief and seemed more linked other system sounds interrupting the ticking noise, and the ticking started again later during the same turns - that was never the case with 1.3.0.  More driving needed to get a better understanding, but I am not keen on having wiring looms replaced unless it is definitely necessary - that has the potential to cause more problems that it solves!

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 04:29, kabre said:

I had long drive at the weekend to take my son back to uni to test 1.4.0x.  Initial thoughts are:

Android Auto works very well so far - very happy with that!.  One thing to note is that if your phone was previously already paired with the car, the easiest way is to enable AA is to unpair / forget on both your car and phone, and then start the pairing again from scratch.  The car and phone asks all the correct questions to enable AA and transparently do whatever is needed for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth necessary to support AA.  The only slight annoyance is that the AA display will often overlay the native satnav screen, but you can still see an inch of the native map above the window for Android Auto.  That would be fixed with the mentioned future full screen option, but I do quite like the view of the road and other cars / objects that are detected in the right third of the screen.  It would be great if AA could use the full screen height, but have the option to tile with the right hand display side - and to turn off the native satnav display when running.

I was pleased to see that the sat-nav next turn instructions from either Google Maps or Waze running in AA also display on the HUD - but the miles to KM bug on the HUD still exists with that.  I'm hoping the HUD can be updated as part of the OTA - I was previously thinking it was the native sat nav app telling HUD the wrong information, but it is clearly an issue with the HUD itself.

Highway Asist now seems nag less often about hands on the steering wheel, but it still requires far too much force to be put into the steering to confirm that hands are on the wheel.  I don't ever take my hands off the wheel, I trust the Lotus far less with highway assist than I have been inclined to with other cars previously, it is very annoying to be told to do something I am already doing.

I can confirm that the auto emergency braking doesn't turn on again automatically despite either amber or red warning messages about hands on the wheel.  Therefore still keen to know exactly what the monitoring system needs to think it has detected me not doing before turning such things back on again!?

It is great that the map now works in the app to show the car location.

There was a note in the release updates about the traffic sign recognition warning volume, not sure I've noticed that, but they don't seem to have done anything to improve the actual recognition of road signs.  Several times at the weekend I drove through temporary speed restrictions that were very clearly signposted - but the car mostly just ignored the signs and told me the default speed for the road which I assume it gets from the sat nav maps.  Sign detection is far from being new tech, Lotus should do doing a lot better with this.

My car had/has the indicator tick problem with 1.3.0w, but this seems greatly improved with 1.4.0x, though not convinced it is totally fixed.  Lotus have told me this is a hardware / wiring loom issue, but I suspect the software, and specifically the prioritisation / muting of different types of system noise being played through the speakers.  There was a couple of times on my weekend road trip when the ticking briefly disappeared, but those instances were very brief and seemed more linked other system sounds interrupting the ticking noise, and the ticking started again later during the same turns - that was never the case with 1.3.0.  More driving needed to get a better understanding, but I am not keen on having wiring looms replaced unless it is definitely necessary - that has the potential to cause more problems that it solves!

Brilliant result - Apple car play/Google maps didn’t seem to do turn on HUD which was annoying but may be next update.

Lotus wanted to replace my loom for indicators issue but I think I will see how it goes as better than it was.  Phantom loss of right turn indication is less that it was and the deafening first ‘tick’ appears to have gone in x over w.

On 10/04/2024 at 12:30, RichEV said:

My Eletre has now updated to 1.4.0x.
Still no sign of AA or CarPlay though. Grrr.
Just sending an email to Lotus Customer Services..

So just for the record - at the suggestion of Lotus customer services I did a Factory Reset from the Settings menu.
Upon reboot both AA and Carplay apps appeared and AA works well wired and wireless.
Mind it did take a while to reconfigure every car setting from factory default all over again.

Edited by RichEV
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RichEV said:

AA works well ...... wireless.

How you connecting wireless? Either my phone is running an Android version that is too old (likely) or I'm losing it LOL

• 2 weeks later...

https://m.sohu.com/a/770016362_109560/?pvid=000115_3w_a

(Auto-translated below)

In the era of smart electronics, the tide of "technological equality" is surging. As a sports car brand oriented towards electrification and intelligent transformation, Lotus is committed to empowering driving with technology, continuing to promote the iterative evolution of intelligent experience, and providing better intelligent driving fun for Lotus Drivers who love driving.

In January, Lotus Hyper OS version 1.4.0 was released. With more than ten practical smart upgrades, it has won unanimous praise from users. The new Lotus Hyper OS version 1.5.0 will bring users a wider range of high-speed road piloting functions, Lotus parallel driver, track coach, sentry mode, external discharge and other more than 20 functional optimizations, practicing " For the Drivers” brand spirit to further enhance user experience.

33d59c981be34cbca6d70ead5c12a149.jpeg

Picture: Lotus Hyper OS 1.5.0 system upgrade

Lotus "Parallel Driver" is fully launched, and the intelligent experience is advanced

Lotus' "Parallel Driver" function is a remote service function created by Lotus for users. It can realize customized short-distance and low-speed remote auxiliary vehicle control services according to the service scenarios applied by users, covering one-click parking and one-click moving. The two daily high-frequency scenes of cars further alleviate users' parking difficulties.

During the parking process, users can use the parallel driver function to automatically activate the one-click parking function: after the vehicle recognizes the parking space, the vehicle-assisted parking function completes the parking. At the same time, when the user's vehicle is temporarily parked and blocks the passage of other vehicles, if it is inconvenient for the user to go to the scene, the parallel driver can access the cloud cabin and move the vehicle, and then move the vehicle back to its original position after giving way. This is "OK" Exclusive driver summoned with one click.”

31841fb5162e491c8fae7a4a71b40a9b.jpeg

Picture: Lotus "Parallel Driver" function your own driver

Parallel rider is not only a function, but also an exclusive service launched for users, which avoids possible inconveniences during parking and parking. In terms of safety, when the vehicle is parked, if obstacles are detected around it or there is poor signal reception, the vehicle will trigger the brake protection function to stop.

“Track Coach” is available at a touch, awakening users’ driving instincts

Born on the track, Lotus has become a world-renowned track legend with nearly 100 F1 championship trophies. With this OTA update, Lotus users’ exclusive “Track Coach” will also be officially launched.

"Track Coach" is a high-precision, cross-platform track experience product launched by Lotus. It has built-in multiple professional track information and currently supports Ningbo International Circuit, Heysel Circuit in the UK, Wuhan Lotus To experience the track, Zhejiang International Circuit and Shanghai International Circuit, users can choose a nearby track to start their track tour immediately.

93f1b2c32bee47a7883cbac8807a3922.jpeg

Picture: Track coach guides you to ride the wind and win the championship

When users are riding the wind on these tracks, the "Track Coach" can provide users with centimeter-level positioning and millisecond-level timing. In addition to displaying the current lap time and vehicle information, it can accurately restore every alignment. After the user finishes lapping the track, the "track coach" can provide comprehensive track data analysis such as multi-dimensional data curve comparison, visual track charts, and in-car video playback functions to help users gradually improve their driving level and further improve their performance. Lap performance, technology empowers driving, and provides users with a unique track experience. "There is only a track coach between you and the F1 driver."

Added "Sentinel Mode" to provide "a clear view" of daily security protection

Every day when we are away from our cars, we will inevitably encounter problems such as "door-opening" and inexplicable scratches. In order to improve users' daily car safety experience, Lotus Hyper OS version 1.5.0 will add a "Sentinel Mode". When the vehicle is in When left unattended, "Sentinel Mode" uses visual algorithms and vibration detection to monitor the environment around the vehicle in real time. When a pedestrian/vehicle is detected to have invaded the vehicle recognition range, a warning will be issued and a real-time video of the scene will be recorded for the car owner; when the vehicle vibrates abnormally, the owner will be notified in a timely manner through the Lotus APP, providing a full range of sentinel protection for the car. , nip problems in the bud.

Meet outdoor power needs and enjoy exquisite camping life

Camping is the most popular lifestyle among young users today. In order to help users get closer to and explore nature, and provide them with a comfortable, safe and refined camping experience, Lotus Hyper OS version 1.5.0 also launches the external discharge function. , combined with Lotus's dedicated external discharge equipment, users can power various camping equipment such as RVs through the vehicle's DC charging/discharging port. In this way, when we are camping in the wild, we can show off our cooking skills to our family members, watch an outdoor movie with relatives and friends, or even have a barbecue with friends to enjoy the joy of life.

351475f59ca7447ab05ea88dcd7f402c.jpeg

Picture: Added external discharge function to enjoy comfortable outdoor life

In addition to external discharge, Lotus Hyper OS version 1.5.0 also adds a new in-car video projection function. When we are waiting for family or friends in the car, after the vehicle stops and is in P gear, we can connect to the vehicle hotspot through the mobile phone, and cast the content on the mobile application to the Lotus central control screen for playback, and watch the most popular dramas with the highest ratings , you can also watch a humorous talk show and enjoy the immersive audio-visual experience in the Lotus cockpit.

High-end smart driving assistance covers the whole country, making smart travel easier

Compared with the previous version, the coverage of Lotus' high-end intelligent driving assistance-high-speed pilot function will be expanded to national highways and elevated road scenes.

When we are driving on the urban expressway, we can turn on Lotus's expressway piloting function. It can drive according to the set cruising speed. At the same time, it can change lanes and enter and exit ramps according to the navigation prompts, which greatly reduces the workload. The user's fatigue caused by long-distance driving provides users with a more relaxed smart travel experience.

9ed52c24195640888b4d78224311947a.jpeg

Picture: The highway pilot function covers highways nationwide

Taking the pure electric supercar EMEYA as an example, when we encounter some complex road conditions or weather, Lotus provides 34 sensing hardware including 4 lidars and NVIDIA DRIVE Orin chip, which can detect and analyze road conditions in real time. Provide users with a safer and higher-quality smart travel experience.

In the era of pure electric intelligence, Lotus believes that all breakthroughs in intelligent technology are to empower driving. On the basis of inherited design, performance, control, etc., through continuous OTA upgrades, it provides users with comprehensive and advanced all-scenario smart travel solutions, setting a new benchmark for the million-level luxury smart pure electric market. In the future, Lotus will continue to expand the depth and breadth of technological innovation, continuously improve the coverage of smart driving scenarios, and provide users with a smart travel experience that exceeds expectations and is often used frequently.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Well well well....I did wonder if the Lotus had equipped silently cars with the technology to make a number of these upgrades possible, such as V2G and Sentinel

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 05/05/2024 at 11:10, Bibs said:

Camping is the most popular lifestyle among young users today. In order to help users get closer to and explore nature, and provide them with a comfortable, safe and refined camping experience, Lotus Hyper OS version 1.5.0 also launches the external discharge function. , combined with Lotus's dedicated external discharge equipment, users can power various camping equipment such as RVs through the vehicle's DC charging/discharging port. In this way, when we are camping in the wild, we can show off our cooking skills to our family members, watch an outdoor movie with relatives and friends, or even have a barbecue with friends to enjoy the joy of life.

Not quite sure what that will do to those with range anxiety!

9 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Not quite sure what that will do to those with range anxiety!

I've not come across anyone with a Ioniq 5 (which also does V2G) and a range circa 20% less than the Eletre being concerned about this, but I am sure a buffer could be built in, that cuts V2G upon the battery being down to a point.

I used an invertor in my Kia when staying in the wilderness of the Brecons with friends. Used less than 1% in a week of camping. Moving 2.4 tonnes of car several hundred miles is the same as boiling about a billion kettles! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Interesting updates, would prefer they fixed auto headlights and lane keep/auto cruise before pissing around with virtual tracks....

Remote park and summon could be super cool for getting it out (and in) to tight spots.  Especially my garage, oh wait, that's underground with no mobile signal.  Frankly getting auto park to work as it should now would be good.

Assume automated driving for motorway exit/entry etc is only China?  One assume the Geely data will be gathered/used from all as opposed to just Eletre.

@Bibs any news on when this might come to UK and anyone wanted for Beta testing (am in!)

1 hour ago, RogEletre said:

Interesting updates, would prefer they fixed auto headlights and lane keep/auto cruise before pissing around with virtual tracks....

Remote park and summon could be super cool for getting it out (and in) to tight spots.  Especially my garage, oh wait, that's underground with no mobile signal.  Frankly getting auto park to work as it should now would be good.

Assume automated driving for motorway exit/entry etc is only China?  One assume the Geely data will be gathered/used from all as opposed to just Eletre.

@Bibs any news on when this might come to UK and anyone wanted for Beta testing (am in!)

The data gathering is an interesting subject - in the same way that Tesla supposedly capture data from their drivers to "train" their autopilot, you'd think that it would be sensible for Lotus to do similar.  I've often wondered whether that is the data that the data sharing setting references on the data privacy screen!?

But totally agree w.r.t. getting priorities right: fix / improve the features people already have before creating new things like track driving tutors.  But until the car can be properly trusted to drive at a constant speed on a straight bit of motorway, it seems odd to think it can help to teach people drive around a track!

I'm also always very keen to be a beta tester.  I'd far rather be in a position to provide positive feedback about soon to be released features (with the expectation that beta versions will have some issues), than feel like I am complaining when calling out features not being good enough after they have been released!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not got it, but a notice hit me this morning that something new was trying to download (though oddly it did not mention it was 1.5.0). Not sure if it's a major update or a minor push of something atm.

Edit: Ok it is 1.5.0. Reading the update text, it's looking like a decent update, with a load of GUI improvements and optimisations.

• Like 1

I just got the 1.5.0 available soon email - looks like they have emailed all owners - excellent news!

Despite the significant improvements in 1.4.0, I was feeling less than than confident in Lotus' commitment to ensuring that software updates continue to be created, especially with the potential distraction of the Emeya (though hopefully an awful lot of crossover in software), but there are still so many areas where there is significant potential to improve the Eletre just via software updates.  Hearing news that 1.5.0 is coming soon, and so quickly on the back of the 1.4.0 and 1.30 updates, has given me a renewed sense of optimism - keep up the great work Lotus!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The few noticeable things I can see so far are

Digital Keys (only works with Apple) has been added

Parking Cameras, in settings, there is now an option that says it will bring up a zoomed in close camera view of objects that are very close....such as in narrow spaces.

DAB is still very clippy

The full changelog is as follows:

LOTUS HYPER OS 1.5.0
  • The Wireless Charging function has been optimised by adding a charging button in the multi-function panel, allowing the user to activate or deactivate wireless charging.
  • Digital Key has been released for smartphones and wearable devices. Usage instructions available through the digital key management page. Only supported for Apple devices.* Digital Key will be functional only after the service campaign is completed by the local retailer.
  • When the vehicle is in N gear, the charge port flap cannot be opened from the central display screen.
  • Service mode option for the front windscreen wipers will not be available when the wiper is set to on.
  • The suspension height functions have been further developed when using Range Mode. If "low" is selected above 110 kmh or 68 mph, the suspension will no longer set to "lowest". If vehicle speed is ≤ 30kmh or 18 mph and the suspension is set to "lowest" for more than 10 seconds, the height will be set to "low". If the driver manually selects "lowest" once the vehicle speed is lower than 30kmh or 18 mph, the suspension will no longer set to "low".
  • The Highway Assist function's signal interface has been optimised.
  • Important optimisation of AC charging when vehicle is in transit.
  • Important optimisation of DC charging when vehicle is in transit.
  • Important optimisation of the coolant temperature controls when vehicle is in transit.
  • Important optimisation of the thermal management systems when vehicle is in transit.
  • When the vehicle is charging by a DC source, AC settings in the central display screen are hidden.
  • The Auto Fan levels in the vehicle have been optimised to correpsond to low, medium and high.
  • Important optimisation of the thermal management systems.
  • When the vehicle is charging, text notifications have been improved.
  • The Heads Up Display has been optimised when speed and position is changed.
  • Service Reminders have been implemented when the vehicle reaches the maintenance mileage or timing.
  • The Heads Up Display has been optimised when using navigation.
  • Important update to the network connection settings when the system is reset to factory settings.
  • The Visual Park Assist function has been further optimised for narrow roads and blind spot activation.
  • Variable Traction Control setting has been implemented when using Track Mode.
  • Important bug fix for over-the-air system version information.
  • The DAB function has been improved with the addition of the slideshow setting in Europe.
  • The Highway Assist function has been improved by reducing the LiDAR retraction timing when wind noise is high.
  • The Highway Assist function has been improved when encountering contruction zones.
  • When using autonomous driving features, the event data recorder will now upload to the cloud, allowing for continued performance enhancements.
  • The Adaptive Cruise Control and Highway Assist functions have been improved when changing lane.
Edited by aquiss
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Bibs said:

This should bring more range too I would hope with optimised thermal management. 

Yup, along with adjustments to fan speeds and lowering the car at different speeds, is all working towards a more optimised system.

Edited by aquiss