Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HyperOS Update? - Page 7 - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HyperOS Update?

@aquiss when using satnav is HUD now displaying distance in imperial not metric, unfortunately we are out of the country and can’t upload 1.5

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Anyone actually got this yet?

Any mention of summon mode and auto parking/remote driving for UK release as that would be super cool/handy?

Also Apple key - you are already registered for electronic key and App installed on iPhone do you still need Dealer visit?

Will give mine a whirl on Tuesday when back in UK.

On 05/05/2024 at 11:10, Bibs said:

https://m.sohu.com/a/770016362_109560/?pvid=000115_3w_a

(Auto-translated below)

"Track Coach" is a high-precision, cross-platform track experience product launched by Lotus. It has built-in multiple professional track information and currently supports Ningbo International Circuit, Heysel Circuit in the UK, Wuhan Lotus To experience the track, Zhejiang International Circuit and Shanghai International Circuit, users can choose a nearby track to start their track tour immediately.

93f1b2c32bee47a7883cbac8807a3922.jpeg

Shurely a misteak?

Edited by mg4lotus
posted twice by accident
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mg4lotus said:

Shurely a misteak?

Does anyone know if "Parallel Driver" is powered some sort of AI powered self-driving thing, or is it actually a person that remotely takes over control of the car?  When I first read it I assumed the former, but re-reading the way the article describes this as a "service" and has a picture of someone that looks to be in a simulator makes me think it might actually be a person that is providing the service - like a drone pilot!?

58 minutes ago, kabre said:

Does anyone know if "Parallel Driver" is powered some sort of AI powered self-driving thing, or is it actually a person that remotely takes over control of the car?  When I first read it I assumed the former, but re-reading the way the article describes this as a "service" and has a picture of someone that looks to be in a simulator makes me think it might actually be a person that is providing the service - like a drone pilot!?

This is "OK" Exclusive driver summoned with one click.”

I think you may be able to choose who is your exclusive driver, but be careful who you choose as you may have to wait a while, depending on how busy they are.

3 hours ago, kabre said:

I think that’s artistic license.  I saw that as us being able to control our own car from anywhere (speed and distance limited) to move it around or summon if needed.

Which is an incredibly cool way to scare people in IKEA car park.

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/lotus-robotics-showcases-latest-technologies-at-ces.html

• ROBO Soul: full self-driving software stack, which can be integrated into any vehicle, in any environment. The company currently offers an end-to-end solution and can provide up to level 4 autonomy, which means the vehicle can perform driving tasks such as parking and highway driving, under specific circumstances, with human override as an available option. Components of this technology are currently being employed in Lotus’ next generation electric vehicles, its hyper-SUV, Eletre, and hyper-GT, Emeya*.
  • ROBO Galaxy: a range of cloud-based tools that underpins ROBO Soul. It enables businesses to manage and analyse data, in order to increase efficiency and accessibility of their autonomous fleets. Lotus Robotics collects data from multiple sources such as sensors, road information and algorithms, so ROBO Soul can continue to learn and improve its self-driving capabilities throughout its testing and development phases.
  • ROBO Matrix: It uses real-time monitoring to provide drivers with remote safety including guidance, control and parallel driving solutions by providing real-time monitoring. It also deploys AI to continually learn from its environment and improve the safety and accuracy of its self-driving.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 17/05/2024 at 17:01, DarrylV8 said:

@aquiss when using satnav is HUD now displaying distance in imperial not metric, unfortunately we are out of the country and can’t upload 1.5

Just updated to 1.5.0, mu HUD is still showing metric units!

• Like 1

Upgraded and have the Apple Key option with QR code.

When you try it just says ‘connecting’ on iPhone but obviously read the QR code.

Anyone else any luck? 

Will do range update next couple of weeks as doing Le Mans and back (careful planning on charging route!) so fingers crossed it’s more economical then before.

Steady 82MPH on Autoroute may impact so we shall see.  It’s 295 ish miles from tunnel so doing a stop halfway to be safe (220 real world thus far) and then there is super fast charging five minutes from our site.

Cant see many people going Electric to Le Mans so she may raise some eyebrows!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone any more thoughts or had Apple key installed yet?

Heading to Le Mans when back from LA so really like to know any major gotchas before I do haha!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Db10mw said:

Anyone having an issue with the Spotify app in the car pausing the music anytime the sat nav or speed camera beep is triggered?  Very annoying. 

Afraid not a user of Spotify, but prior to the 1.4.0 update I used to have issues with the right hand indicator ticking noise not working - which feels like a related thing - in general the car is not great at managing the sounds that should be suppressed or paused / un-paused. 

One thing that might be interesting to try is using Spotify via either Android Auto or Carplay, or using Android Auto / Carplay for the SatNav and use the native car app for Spotify!?  

16 minutes ago, kabre said:

Afraid not a user of Spotify, but prior to the 1.4.0 update I used to have issues with the right hand indicator ticking noise not working - which feels like a related thing - in general the car is not great at managing the sounds that should be suppressed or paused / un-paused. 

One thing that might be interesting to try is using Spotify via either Android Auto or Carplay, or using Android Auto / Carplay for the SatNav and use the native car app for Spotify!?  

This is what I have to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had an email telling us a new update is imminent and after reading the release notes some of the frustrating elements are being addressed, see below/attached:

IMG_3301.jpeg.9d0e5423b0bc3df71272121c765ad60c.jpeg

• Like 1

HyperOS 1.5.1U is about to drop. Details below:

• A short cut has been added to the main screen, allowing quick access to Driving Aids settings.
  • Expected state of charge now shown in the ETA widget.
  • Optimised battery pre-conditioning to include navigation information.
  • Category search suggestions now offered, using key words from the user.
  • Information simplified and spatial filter around destination removed in the traffic incidents menu.
  • Lane guidance in the head-up display now synchronises with the main navigation system.
  • Route Settings - saves preferences for route mapping
  • Bug fixes
  • White ambient lighting is now available for all Eletre models
  • Heads Up Display has been optimised to now offer imperial units, when showing navigation route.
  • Front Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking have been optimised to avoid false positive detection for parked cars scenarios.
  • Adaptive Cruise Control and Highway Assist Functions have been optimised to avoid false positive detection for parked cars scenarios.
  • Notifications for the PM2.5 level in the car have been optimised.
  • Improvement to DAB+ radio reception.
  • Media playback will resume automatically after voice command or other audio prompt.
  • New versions of Lotus Apps available for download, please install updates from App store.
  • Thanks 1

looks like we're going to get some useful updates in this one.

Ambient lighting!!!!

And lots of fixes to the driver interference assistance software

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimbobjoe said:

looks like we're going to get some useful updates in this one.

Indeed. They are listening. There is a few of my bugs on this list.

I'm still hoping that DAB itself is fixed...at the moment is terribly clippy. My car is in soon for some non OTA updates, so they may be swapping out the module.

Battery preconditioning is a superb update.

• Like 1

Sounds like another good update - I have increasingly been noticing the car panicking when I pass parked cars!

The battery conditioning and navigation related updates sound great, but as good as the native navigation is, I still prefer Google / Waze via Android Auto - mainly for traffic / mobile speed cam warnings.  So I am hoping there will be ways to interact with battery preconditioning settings that do not require using the native sat nav to guide you to a charger, etc.

And imperial units for the HUD navigation is a very small small but very great thing to fix!

Yep certainly looks a very good update, we are booked in for 27 August looking forward to the drive home already 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

All upgraded to 1.5.1u

All working with no issues (had to resume the upgrade download 4 times though)

Shortcut to speed limit stuff, etc top right of screen and very welcome

• Like 1