Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Excel Restoration... Sat 23 Years outside ! + My You-tube Channel - Projects & Restorations - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Excel Restoration... Sat 23 Years outside ! + My You-tube Channel

Mec

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

Great to meet you at the weekend mate. Just watched episode 1 all the way through, it certainly put up a fight but well done so far :D

Great to meet you too mate, yes it didnt wanna move off its spot without a fight ! I'm sure il make many mistakes along the way but Il revive it one way or another 😁

6 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

Nice one Mec - good to see you over here! Will have to check out that content on the Excel 👍

Gez

Hi Gez, I didnt realise you were on here too, I had heard you have an Elise now, they are mega, 1 day I might own one, but you know me, I'm a sucker for a revival project so had to get the Excel 😉👍

• Like 2

Hi Mike, keep your spirits up, these cars sense when you're down and they go in for the kill. I've done a few over the years, from "just" a belt slipped (read that as belt, cam carrier, buckets, valves etc) to one been standing in Scotland on the east coast with grass growing around it (and that accelerates rust in two ways). Hopefully you'll find the forum useful, from tech tips to new swear terms.

2 hours ago, andydclements said:

Hi Mike, keep your spirits up, these cars sense when you're down and they go in for the kill. I've done a few over the years, from "just" a belt slipped (read that as belt, cam carrier, buckets, valves etc) to one been standing in Scotland on the east coast with grass growing around it (and that accelerates rust in two ways). Hopefully you'll find the forum useful, from tech tips to new swear terms.

Mec is well accustomed to swear words after owning a DeLorean for 15 odd years!

• Haha 1

Haha 🤣🤣 yes thats very true Gez 🙈

Thanks Andy, as you say hopefully if i need any tech info this is deffo the place to be 👍👍👍

On 11/12/2023 at 15:23, Mec said:

Hi Gez, I didnt realise you were on here too, I had heard you have an Elise now,

Ha that might of been down to me, as well as you, as I invited Gez over when he first brought his lovely red Evora, now replaced with his S1 Elise :) 

A few founding members of the Eurotec club did join several years back when I mentioned TLF to them, although no longer active here but one of them is now busy running a huge parts empire :lol: 

• Like 2

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

9 hours ago, internets said:

Ha that might of been down to me, as well as you, as I invited Gez over when he first brought his lovely red Evora, now replaced with his S1 Elise :) 

A few founding members of the Eurotec club did join several years back when I mentioned TLF to them, although no longer active here but one of them is now busy running a huge parts empire :lol: 

Haha, i figured you would have summit to do with it 🤣🤣

Yes the Duke is a tad pre occupied these days lol 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching pt 4 as an anti dote for the inevitable christmas romcoms on TV. Good to see you get into things!

I didn't realise you were at the christmas dinner, otherwise I would have certainly said hi and talked Excel. Did you notice the only 2 Lotus at the pub were mine and ChrisJ's Excel? The more I drive it, the more I get to appreciate it. 😉

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi mate ! Yes i saw the Excels in the carpark, i think i did shake your hand and say hello briefly toward the end of the evening, i will deffo be at future meets so hopefully will get more chance to chat Excels in the future, hopefully in the new year i will make some more progress on the Excel, however it looks like we are moving house in the new year so it may have to wait til we have done that before i carry on taking the engine out 👍👍👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got a set off a guy on the lotus excel forum, they are used but virtually new, only a cheap set to get me going but should do the job better than the 25 year old ones haha😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate 

We are currently in the process of moving house at the moment so I have had to put it on hold atm as I really don't want to have an engine out when we move, we are hoping to be moving at the end of march, so as soon as we are in the new place and unpacked i will be back on it as soon as i can 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...