Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Saturday 9th March 2024 Matford Centre - Exeter Devon - UK - South West England - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Saturday 9th March 2024 Matford Centre - Exeter Devon

Just seen on FB Club Lotus page   ---

https://www.facebook.com/events/1359358591354391/

Supported by Hendy Lotus.  Could be an interesting time to get a few gt430's together as well....  @EGTE, @MPx, @mayevora, @Markindevon  @DDubya   @SWLC

says...

We are looking for more Lotus owners to join us at our Season opening event. Hendy Lotus are supporting the event, bringing examples in the Lotus range.
We'd like to get as many Lotus owners together as we can

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I booked and payed just yesterday 👍😁

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

SWLC have added this to their FB page, say they will be going and are taking their GT430. (amongst others)

• Like 1

Just got my ticket, so see ya there.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

See on Sanctioned FB page they are booking some upmarket cars for display indoors. 

And have got Morgan and Exeter Porsche displaying indoors.

the organisers say - 

we are planning to park all the Lotus owners together. Hendy will have 3/4 cars displayed indoors but also another Emira which we can park outside with all the other Lotus owners

• Like 1

Have been in contact with one of the guys organising this event, and he is quite keen on the Evora.

Have also added this to LEC.

The FB link takes you to their web site, https://sanctioneduk.com I booked this way.

I assume that anyone who books their car indoors may have to be there early and stay all day?

Talking to Lloyd at Hendy today, think JLR, Ferrari may also be going. Looks to be a sort of local motor show for performance cars/marques/

This is the first event by this company - it is new to companies house.

• Thanks 1

I'm just going to have a look. Hopefully not too many "slammed" chav-chariots like that ruined BMW 2002 on their website.....

• Like 1

Lloyd agreed with me, when I said that this event looks to be more suitable for a performance car/Lotus dealer than the cars&coffee events that some have been to recently. But as it's the first one we will have to see.

1 hour ago, EGTE said:

I'm just going to have a look.

think just looking ,to drive in will need a ticket, although parking somewhere else and walking in - have not seen if that needs a ticket??.

I suspect it will depend on how succesful it is on the day.  If they get all the fezzas,macers,lambos etc that they want then Lotus will be at the edge of the car park outside and no one will give a toss if/when we go. If Lotus turn out to be the stars of the show and some are put inside for some reason (not expecting that other than Hendy's!) then I think there will be a committment to the close of the show - but if we're the pinnacle of the turn out then it may well close early anyway.  The organisers for the Silverstone Classic always say no car movement on site from public opening until closing time, but in practice cars are coming/going all day and I just p off home when I'm ready.  Its a hard thing to stop really.

19 hours ago, MPx said:

I suspect it will depend on how successful it is on the day

they have announced another date for a second event at the same venue. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/914917269884915/

Saturday 25th May - The Matford Centre - Marsh Barton

On 26/01/2024 at 12:29, exeterjeep said:

Saturday 25th May

I'll be at Castle Combe with Club Lotus that day - a much bigger event for Lotus owners I suspect...

• Like 1

I had not put the Club Lotus date in my diary.  I suppose the second Matford event occurring may be dependant on how well the first one goes.

On 27/01/2024 at 16:03, MPx said:

I'll be at Castle Combe with Club Lotus that day - a much bigger event for Lotus owners I suspect...

@MPx Hoping to join you at this, finally.  The stars may have aligned and that day may be free of other commitments!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Who fancies a meet up at Exeter Services and arriving together?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

SWLC may have quite a convoy, they will need a truck for their 430 and possibly a second for the early elan dhc they are doing up for Bangers and Cash, It may be back from the paintshop.   

Sanctioned seem to be booking a load of cars, which I originally thought would be going inside, so I now think the general tickets are for general parking not by marque (there was no mention of car make on the bookings), so don't know how easy it will be to get the Lotus' parked together, so coming in at the same time may help. I will probably pop in to Hendy closer to the day to see if they have any extra details as they will have at least 1 car outside. And maybe what time they intend to get there.

The organisers have now got McLaren from the New Forest turning up with a few cars.  

Sanctioned's website map shows the Matford Centre as being on Days-Pottle lane in the middle of nowhere.

Apple Maps  puts it right next to the Porsche garage in Marsh Barton.

Only Google Maps knows its correct location! 

Well us locals know exactly where it is and that there can be 2 entrances.

I looked up their company details, seems they are based up in Glastonbury. Regd December 2023

From their FB post.   those that know the venue -  70 cars (plus at least 1 truck) inside  - seems a tight squeeze!...

The largest supercar event ever seen in the South-West is coming to Exeter.
70 Supercars in the indoor arena
Showcase Hypercar
Dealership displays from Porsche, McLaren, Lotus, Morgan, Harley Davidson, Yamaha
Space for 500+ cars outdoors in level concrete parking areas

Hendy will be setting up indoors on the Friday, assume others will also be doing the same.

Also appears that the Lotus factory will be helping out, particularly as Hendy are down to 2 in sales.   Jess has gone to Vertu motorcycles.