Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Saturday 9th March 2024 Matford Centre - Exeter Devon - Page 2 - UK - South West England - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Saturday 9th March 2024 Matford Centre - Exeter Devon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 10/02/2024 at 10:31, mayevora said:

Who fancies a meet up at Exeter Services and arriving together?

Are you still going for a convoy in Ian?  If so, what time at the services?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, MPx said:

Are you still going for a convoy in Ian?  If so, what time at the services?

Nothing arranged at all yet Mike. Happy to do that though so we can arrive and hopefully park together.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Can I suggest a 8am meeting at Exeter Services for a 8.15am leave to arrive in Marsh Barton for 8.30am for anyone else want to arrive together.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I have messaged the event organiser and SWLC to see what time the outdoor car parks will actually open, and then what time SWLC intend to arrive. 

I can't come along to this one (I'm running the Grizzly on the 17th and so need to fit in another long training run this weekend and, with Mother's day on Sunday, it will have to be on Sat.).

Have fun, do report back on whether it's any good, and will see you somewhere soon (I may actually pop down to Plymouth for the Club Lotus / LDC meet on Thursday night)

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I have messaged the event organiser and SWLC to see what time the outdoor car parks will actually open, and then what time SWLC intend to arrive. 

Have you not had your joining instructions Keith? 

1_20240206_132103_0000.png

20240201_230554_0000.png

18 minutes ago, MPx said:

Have you not had your joining instructions Keith? 

No, have not had this, did you opt to send your car details/pic and then when accepted buy a ticket - thought that process was just for show cars going indoors.

I just bought the £14 ticket.

@mayevora did you get the same info as Mike?

SWLC are allowed on site from 8am

3 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

No, have not had this, did you opt to send your car details/pic and then when accepted buy a ticket - thought that process was just for show cars going indoors.

Yes - sent the pics, got accepted, bought my ticket.  If you're not "a show car", then I think you're in the public car parks.  Most of us will be outside (and James said SWLC will be outside too).  They are expecting to park manufacturers together rather than a free for all....but not by model.  Their first go at this so I expect some learning will go on as we arrive...

I posted something on the SW Club Lotus page and Daniel from the organisers sent me a message, to which I replied and he replied etc. 

He said:

Many thanks for your email. Great to hear that you will be joining us at the March event, will be really good if we can get the four GT430 all together.

I had a look on the applications list and I couldn't see your name, having checked the tickets I realised you'd purchased a general public ticket and not a show pass - the link is sent to all cars who are accepted via the application process - not to worry though.

Do you have any images of your car that you could send me, I'm a huge fan of the Evora.

I also asked him..

Did consider the other booking option, but it was not clear if the car would have to be indoors for the whole day, so not removable until the event closed.

o which I did not get a reply.

So Mike - does your ticket say which car you will be arriving in, and what would happen if you turned up in a different Lotus?

Ticket is just this - dont know what would happen if I'm not in the Esprit...

May be argueable on the day if they are reasonable enthusiasts rather than jobsworths but who knows who'll be weilding the code reader.

spacer.png

My ticket says General admission/passenger. Which is why I started asking him how they were going to get the various marques parked together.  See your show car ticket doesn't even say the make.

For the cars and cuppas at Greendale - their ticket/booking is for a particular car & registration!

Oh well will see what happens.

• Gold FFM
18 hours ago, MPx said:

Ticket is just this - dont know what would happen if I'm not in the Esprit...

May be argueable on the day if they are reasonable enthusiasts rather than jobsworths but who knows who'll be weilding the code reader.

spacer.png

Mine looks like Mikes ticket with bar code but haven’t noticed I’ve been sent any arrival and parking details. Was that on a separate email Mike? My ticket does say ‘show car’ including driver. 
so I’m assuming that’s inside then?

12 minutes ago, mayevora said:

so I’m assuming that’s inside then?

think this is where I got confused, they were accepting cars for being in the show, but not necessarily indoors. Some indoor cars are going in on Friday afternoon - this appears to be the dealers etc.

They put a number of the show accepted cars on the FB page, but have not seen any Lotus' mentioned - apart from the Hendy indoor stand. If I had seen Ian's car or Mike's car would have thought what was going on.

Have just had a message from them suggesting I arrive around 9 and they will park me with SWLC, presumably in an effort to get as many GT430 in the same place?

Think as Mike says this is their first event and hopefully things will be clearer for future events.

I was in the Matford centre last week so noticed the large roller door for the first time, been there loads of time but not noticed it  - was wondering how they were going to get so many cars in.

Just had another message::::

We can only fit 70 cars indoors, we could of filled it many times over. There will be around 20 Lotus all parked together outside so it should look like a really nice line up

Interesting.  My joining instructions came 5 days after I bought my ticket - but I think were in response to the application to be a show car.  Despite being personalised to me, the main message was to make sure that I purchased a ticket otherwise I wouldn't get in - obvs had already done that!  Anyway the flyers I posted above were attached to that email.

I'm pretty sure you won't be inside Ian.  The category of "Show Car" appears to mean parked on site to be looked at.  A normal ticket gets you into the public car parks.  Not sure who you needed to sleep with to get inside.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPx said:

I'm pretty sure you won't be inside Ian.

Agree, anyone inside will have to had instructions of where the proper doorway is and an arrival time (may even be Friday), I imagine that inside will be packed. And then getting out when you want could also be a problem.

@mayevora have you got any lessons Friday pm, as you could drive in and around the car parks....Just thinking I may have to exercise a car Friday afternoon.

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

@mayevora have you got any lessons Friday pm, as you could drive in and around the car parks....Just thinking I may have to exercise a car Friday afternoon.

Morning Noon & Night at the moment. Yesterday I had a 4.30am alarm call. Picked up first pupil 5.30am for his 7am Test. Followed by a 90 minute lesson then two 120 minute lessons then another three 90 minute lessons - arrived home 9.30pm. I’ll definitely be around that area Friday so may well see a few early arrivals. 
SPECIAL NOTE TO ATTENDEES - You definitely don’t want to be heading towards me oncoming between 4pm-5.30pm Friday with who I will have next to me in the drivers seat! (I spend more time steering from the passenger seat more than she does) 😳😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

(I spend more time steering from the passenger seat more than she does

not quite ready for test then.

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

not quite ready for test then.

Try telling them that lol 😂 

See that the first Emira i4 test drives are starting now, wonder if Hendy will have theirs present on Saturday.

Will try to get to the Exeter services shortly after 8am

• Like 1

Yes, despite the weather, the yucky drive down, and the inevitable volume of modded germans - I was pretty impressed once we were allowed inside.  Much better standard of cars than I thought there would be.  Not only the Lambos/Fezzas/Maccers/Astons, but even a Koenigsegg. 

All that plus maybe 20 Lotus on site and good company...whats not to like! 👍

• Like 1

I was a bit disappointed about the supposed Porsche and McLaren dealer  presence, no signs, no obvious staff to represent their respective dealership. The Morgan dealer had a more obvious 'stand'.  Was thinking that the dealers would be a bit more like a motor show stand than just a random car park. Hendy Lotus seemed to have more signs/flag pole things that anyone else and Lotus jackets and better arranged.

Was impressed how many cars they actually got inside but was pretty cramped when the crowds were in. If SWLC and Hendy Lotus were not present may not go to a future event.