Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My First Esprit - Written Off In 2008 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My First Esprit - Written Off In 2008

hedgerley

Well bugger me. My first Esprit, which I lost on black ice in early 2008 on the A1, has just popped up for sale. I had it shipped back to Hethel for assessment. £30k in new parts plus paint, labour and VAT. Not counting a very bent chassis at the rear that would need to go on the jig to straighten. As expected, it was written off for £15k (what I paid for it two years earlier) the then market value. It reappeared at Douglas Valley Breakers a few weeks later as a £10k 'project'. Someone obviously took on the challenge and got it back on the road. Very impressive. And very weird to see it 15 years after I gave it the last rites!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1317522628901020/?__cft__[0]=AZUD7cxOczOI40v-zqfLEQlIq3QWXIsjdWojOkGuUOx9Kz5m6q6rdmdX_huBegCbDI8ftlB-cWj09GCKTXuoPCQcxQ89KHwzhuQqbyt5j1idjRfqa6sYEgPjGfdm3ysjdq-n-LCisEtW04PgsM3ZwVR8v9s_w8PNiRouloCFq5EM_w&__tn__=-UK-R

12012008(004).jpg

12012008.jpg

12012008(005).jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very low profile tyres, ice, I guess the outcome was foreseeable.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

😂😂 - I saw that post on Facebook earlier and the reg seemed familiar to me from seeing that picture on here before.

Only here once

26 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Isn't there some chap who breaks Esprits in Marlborough?

Yes, and he often posts really rusty stuff for loads of money on eBay :) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

13 hours ago, TAR said:

Yes, and he often posts really rusty stuff for loads of money on eBay :) 

Looks like he is really in to doing up R8's too.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

16 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Isn't there some chap who breaks Esprits in Marlborough?

Yes, he's been selling Esprit's for a very long time.  I spoke to him when I bought my Esprit Turbo back in 2002 and he gave me some useful advice about what to buy and what to avoid.  I vaguely seem to remember his name is Mark.

I bought a couple of parts from him many years ago. I didn't have any issues as I collected the bits and inspected them first.  :) 

It's getting there......