Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you choose a Lotus? - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you choose a Lotus?

I never really considered a lotus TBH I didn’t even know the cars they made, I heard and seen Esprit in James Bond movies but didn’t really take much notice !

why I choose my Evora was it shape , it was only mid engined 4 seater and it was generally low maintenance but more importantly within my budget range 

however when I realised it was a rare car not likely to be seen on roads that’s what swung it in the end 😀

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, Veloce_Rosso said:

I really like is the old 246 GT Dino.

Give me a Lotus any day.

You could always combine the 2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/39860650@N02/51934410170/

A twin cam europa with a dino body. Done many years ago by David Mirylees. He used to have a great website explaining how he did it but sadly that no longer seems to exist. 

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

presumably it’s one of those 80s kit car bodies?

The Dino/Europa body was moulded from an actual Dino, after making his body he sold the mould to someone else who then used it for one of the better Dino kits (although I think that had been arranged in advance). On his now defunct website he had scale drawings of a Dino and Europa Superimposed on each other the similarities in key dimensions were amazing, wheelbase, interior width, distance from front axle to driver etc. The outer shell is Dino, the inner shell modified Europa, the interior, engine, chassis, suspension etc. stock Europa, even the dash fits. He used to take it to both Lotus and Ferrari meets and at one time it had both Ferrari prancing horse and the lotus round badge on the rear, although I see the lotus badge has disappeared from that set of photos. Change of owner perhaps? 

• Gold FFM

Firstly, when I was a kid I loved Lotus Esprit turbo challenge and would discuss driving physics with my dad while playing it.

My next encounter was the first Exige which I thought looked absolutely epic and a proper weapon (Exiges are great).

Then, years ago, when I had an Alfa GTV (which I still love) I sat back to back in a TVR Cerbera and an Elise. The Elise felt perfect, then I went out in it and it was a hell of a lot more comfortable than I was expecting on the move as well.

Finally when I wanted back into a sports car after a super barge, I wanted something that was relatively light, not too wide, fun to drive, naturally aspirated, manual, good on road trips and not as fast in a straight line as my old car which you could just never enjoy. I also wanted it to be fun in every situation and a bit quirky.

I also missed the Alfa effects. Both the friendly wave (alas now lost to newer Alfas) and the fact that if something fell off you never felt bad, it was part of the charm.

So I bought an Evora!

• Like 2