Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you choose a Lotus? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you choose a Lotus?

IMO it isn't how fast or racy they, but like Alfa Romeo it's how they make you feel. 

More smiles per miles.

Both brands have a lovely analogue feel to them, the quick steering rack and accelerator are immediate, feedback from the steering is great when you corner hard. And like some of best people, they both have imperfections but have enough redeeming features to overlook their deficiencies.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

R4 LOT, meet R5 LOT :respect:I have loved Lotus since the late 60's starting with my S2 Europa matchbox car in pink!

I'm on no6 of real cars now, everyone has been a joy and seem to be liked by all who see them :driving:

8.JPG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Once you get the taste for Lotus they are hard to resist. Very addictive 😍 

My old Elan not only drove differently but had a distinctive smell, inside and out.

Edited by Bibs

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Wanted one ever since the first moment I saw this...

the-spy-who-loved-me-lotus-esprit.jpg.webp

I spent 8 years saving for my first Esprit.  

And designed by the person who designed the Alfa 156 facelift

20211017_160302.jpg

17 hours ago, Bibs said:

This

I didn't actually "choose" a Lotus.  Rather, one forced itself upon me.

I'd gone to a Caterham showroom to pick one but being long of leg and quite large of foot found that there were issues.  Leaving to mull over second thoughts I walked past a traded-in Series 1 Elise. Tried a sit in, then a test drive. My decision was obvious very quickly - and still the case after now lots of Lotuses and failed trials of alternatives.

• Like 1

When I was about 12 I used to collect the F1 race cards from the Shredded Wheat boxes of cereal. In those days most manufacturers gave away tiny toys and stuff with their food. I had a fair few cards of Jim Clark and also Graham Hill, and from then on I followed Lotus in F1 etc.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

On 18/03/2024 at 21:47, Bibs said:

Wanted one ever since the first moment I saw this...

I spent 8 years saving for my first Esprit.  

From exactly this point at the Odeon Marble Arch in August 1977. Only being 6 at the time I had to wait quite a while :)

For me it was the launch of the wedge Elite, just had to have one - awesome shape, bought it from the dealer in Chelsea, without even driving it - or indeed had not driven any Lotus up to that point. (did not even drive on the test drive!)

The only Lotus I had ever been out in before, was an early S2 Europa, the guy threw it around some streets in High Wycombe.

Also, I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. Even back in their heyday there weren't that many on the roads. Once I drove my Elan I realised what a genius Chapman was.

Bear in mind at the time I owned a smart Triumph Dolomite Sprint, which was no slouch.

• Like 1

Back in '84 I saw a JPS Europa parked up in London, that was it, I was hooked on all things Lotus. After that I started following F1, then Senna moved to Lotus, things looked up, exciting times. I may have slightly swapped allegiance when he joined McLaren though...

• Like 2

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

It was cheaper than the Ferrari, although in hindsight I should of taken both.

ClassifiedEdit.jpg

Posted (edited)

I have a passionate dislike of Ferrais from era. The only one I really like is the old 246 GT Dino.

Give me a Lotus any day.

Edited by Bibs
REMOVED QUOTE OF PRECEDING POST