Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Appreciation by Hagerty - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Appreciation by Hagerty

mdavies

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Views of most who buy the cars is wonky too. Most folk who buy prestige cars, especially sports cars, would never consider what they perceive to be a lesser marque - or 'brand' as they would call it. 

Sheep-like, they're convinced they have the best 'cos everyone they're prepared to listen to tells them the same. 

Justin 

2 hours ago, jep said:

And if I'm on a mild rant, the column stalks are Ford not Vauxhall. I had the same ones in my Ford GT in 2005. 

And the Ford Focus.

Which says more about your Ford GT than it does about Lotus. 🤣

• Like 1

Ford GT was a Ford using Ford switchgear.  Loved that. As it should be.

I don't even like it when folk replace the Rover Metro window winder turners (super-light) with aluminium ones on S1 Elise. Blink to me. 

Justin 

4 hours ago, jep said:

Well, we all know this so nothing new from Hagerty there.  Lovely to see appreciation though. 

They make the mistake of trying to compare Evora to Emira. Emira is another 2 seat sports car; great but so many to choose from. Evora is +2 and is therefore unique in the modern world given mid-engine configuration.  

Indeed, explicit appreciation as a future classic is great to see but, re the 2/4(opt) seating, I for one, having tried the V6 Emira against my particular Evora - just to make sure - my personal choice of Evora was obvious and immediate - no explicit decision process needed.  And, from reading across forums, I believe that I have plenty of company. 

Also, I chose the 2-seat version. Think of the weight saving! (Well, re the lighter wheels and no rear belts anyway!) 

• Like 2

Agreed.  I've had both +2 and +0. I found the +2 easier to use for luggage but the carbon seats in Sport 410 didn't fold forward making it tricky with +0. And I did once use the rear seats for a person and it was useful that day with the +2.

Lightness wins though. 

Justin 

• Like 1

I do long road trips of 4-7 days in my Sport 410 +nothing.

The lack of fold on the carbon buckets is mildly irritating, however I use soft bags and they fit in fine. I've had stuff for mr and Mrs C for 7 days, including folding picnic chairs and table in it. No issues.

The fold in the recaro seats in my NA + nothing was a breeze for carrying stuff.

I'm sure the Emira seats will fold, so that should be easy to live with too for touring. Indeed, I reckon a V6 Auto Emira would be a great continent cruiser.

I've never forgiven Lotus for not doing a Targa Evora, the fact they haven't done one for Emira is unforgivable. A simple fabric Elise/Exige arrangement (or a simple panel like 308/328) would have been sufficient for me, the fancy tri-folding convertibles just add weight and is something else to go wrong.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I believe the structure doesn't allow a Targa without compromising the rigidity of the car too much.

On 01/04/2024 at 22:24, jep said:

Agreed.  I've had both +2 and +0. I found the +2 easier to use for luggage but the carbon seats in Sport 410 didn't fold forward making it tricky with +0. And I did once use the rear seats for a person and it was useful that day with the +2.

Lightness wins though. 

Justin 

Having bespoke converted mine from +2 to +0 I get the best of both worlds luggage deck and folding seats and no pesky net with less weight too ☺️

On 03/04/2024 at 08:35, EGTE said:

I believe the structure doesn't allow a Targa without compromising the rigidity of the car too much.

I'd like to understand more given the roof is a thin piece of flexible GRP or carbon depending on the model. The Exige is a similar concept to the Evora. That worked fine. Where there is a will....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

There is a roll bar which runs behind the back of the front seats. This can’t be removed. Someone has tried to create a convertible Evora in the past (and, frankly, it looked ridiculous). 

The Exige uses the Elise tub. This was designed to be an open top car from inception. (If you recall, the very first version of the Elise wasn’t even going to have opening doors). 

• Like 1

Where is it on this?

image.png.a3ff5c0921d89fab413d51d318f04859.png

It’s not shown on that diagram. It basically runs up & over the B pillar (behind the front seats). 

Here are a couple of links to previous threads on the topic:

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/first-look-my-evora-roadster.443026/

(Unfortunately, most of the linked photos seem to have been removed). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Where is it on this?

You must have noticed it just behind the headrests in the roof lining? As above the vertical section is contained within the B pillar.

• Thanks 1

Nope. Never noticed it Tim 🙄

Ok, am taking the Evora out on Sunday for its first run of the year. Will check then. Thanks for the info.

• Shock 1