Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No more speeding tickets? The tech which is going to make you slow down - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

No more speeding tickets? The tech which is going to make you slow down

4 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

just how long is your driveway?

Sadly not quite long enough to pit the Esprit and Vantage against each other for a 0-60-0 test 😉

• Haha 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The public should have benefit of useful education in any decent society, it was by way of that I came to fully grasp the imperative of seatbelts. On the other hand sloppy government is what we can thank for much of the current day automotive annoyances. Not so very long ago one did not dare to run other than feeble incandescent headlamps in many parts of America for fear of sanction in using superior halogens. That was government indifference combined with cronyism. Nowadays the automakers clearly have latitude to slam our retinas with whatever the f&*k they think will add to the bottom line, and thus the public is again done a disservice. The infernal nagging of these audible alerts is well beyond what's needed but corporate Karens , abiding absolutely no risk of liability, will heap as much of the crap onto us as they can figure how to. As this process unfolds it's a pitiful truth to say that the outcome is sure to be an ever dumber Joe Average, not wiser but certainly more detached from a grating reality.      

We are slowly giving up, while sleep walking through life, so many of our hard won freedoms and rights it is alarming.

At the same time, the indifference shown to others, and the levels of selfishness and entitlement, are just off the scale.

Social Media, influenzas and the pandemic have speeded up the process considerably.

The future actually looks quite grim and dare I say it, boring, for the human race, as things stand.

No doubt the hype around AI will accelerate further our transformation from active and useful to lazy and useless.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

They say that science fiction movies are a predictor of future actualities. Which future are we heading towards

The Matrix "I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me."

The Terminator "I'll be back"

Star wars "Feel the force Luke"

Sorry for the drift.

I'm starting to feel like it's going to end like Logan's run. They had the autonomous vehicles too so no one got a speeding ticket (see, we're still on topic).

However, in my version, everyone under 35 would go :harhar:

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Can I vote for this future? 9Tzi8ywRz924XE3uHaD6DfGZQfjEdZd7oKlsiR53VLHvSZExpMzuRmKdwHbkL9PkHfrSURpNtgl7iajRS_AWw7x4l3h8FL3fZr49UPjSttx0NeOMsn1IbVG+q8zjuVLXMB2weYsmjXNAOjaBqcJLLoCmWx+YofdknfQEsIcbnTPj1dVPC_yCFnMR1o6rLGeG.webp

Certainly not the brightest future either, but at least there is still an Esprit on the road. 🙂 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

12 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

They say that science fiction movies are a predictor of future actualities. Which future are we heading towards

The Matrix "I remember that I am here not because of the path that lies before me but because of the path that lies behind me."

The Terminator "I'll be back"

Star wars "Feel the force Luke"

Sorry for the drift.

I'm guessing this is the future we are heading for.

The film Idiocracy is a comedy about a hibernating couple who wake up in the future.

"Over the next several hundred years, average intelligence decreases due to societal expectations, discouraging well-educated individuals from having children as the less-educated reproduce indiscriminately; genetic engineering is forgone in favor of hair loss and erectile dysfunction treatments. As a result, infrastructure deteriorates, low comedy and explicitness defines culture, and consumerism is left unfettered."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

• Like 1

Autonomous cars of the future - Woody Allen's Sleeper, the film also contains other futuristic devices. This may be quite accurate for our future. hahaha.

• Like 1

Helpfully Land Rover have a button on the steering wheel that allows to to turn off the annoying beeps. Apparently it is legislation that they are there and enabled. But one press on the button when you start and off they go. 

Dave - 2000 Sport 350