Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello! - Evora purchase - UK - South West England - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello! - Evora purchase

hello to you all - I would like to buy an early Evora NA or maybe an S but really need to actually see one and try it for "size" as I am tall! ( 6' 3")

I had an Elan M100 few years back - great fun but just too cramped. My current 986 Boxster is better but still on the tight side.

I am keen to revisit Lotus ownership before the march of time catches up with me!

I live near Taunton are  there any owners in my area willing  meet up for a chat and let me sit in one?  Or a meet ?

There are none for sale at the moment within a reasonable distance to view - couple were about 2 hrs away but they appear to have been bought by dealers further away.

Edited by Grumpy58

• Gold FFM

Hi @Grumpy58

At 6”3” you are almost a midget 😜

You would have zero issues with an Evora. Fits me nicely even with helmet if needs must. Even long journeys are fine - did Italy and back from Devon 3 years back and heading to Scotland next month.

I do travel to Bristol a fair bit (there at the moment and back to Devon later) but not in the Evora this weekend. 
More than happy to meet up, let you have a sit for room and take you for a spin if you like. Let me know.

Ian

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

6ft 3 no issue with Evora. 

Type 100 was not a headroom issue, the cant rail top of screen was very low and made visibility tricky with roof up. And legroom not perfect but acceptable.  

Evora has lots of legroom for driver and front passenger.  Rear, less so 🙃

Justin 

Just another voice to say you'd be fine at 6'3".  I'm 6'2" and have the seat several notches forwards - not enough for anyone to sit behind me but plenty of room.  The top of the screen is a bit low so you do have to peer up to see traffic lights if there is only a close set... but you get used to that quickly.

I'm probably closer than Ian, live between Chard and Axminster and am often in Taunton, include me in your message to Ian on when you are available for a ride and I'll see what I can do. 

Currently have a cold so I'd give it a few days!

3 hours ago, Markindevon said:

J

On 18/08/2024 at 10:15, mayevora said:

Thanks Mark - looks like you are the closest to me so will take you up on your offer. I am more than willing to come to you - will PM you

Ian (another one!)

• Like 1