Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SWLC performance open day - UK - South West England - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SWLC performance open day

Anyone of the South West group heading down to the open day (this Saturday, 28th Sept)?  @exeterjeep, @MPx, @EGTE, @mayevora, @Grumpy58, @SW_Mike... others??

I'll head down, probably fairly early as I've noticed a minor oil leak and Phil has said he'll take a quick look to save me a separate trip 🙂

Yep - I'll be going down in the M100 if the forecast for dry is close to being correct.  Normally get there late morning - 11 or so, depending on whether Fran wants dropping off in Exeter on the way down.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Probably going, but my 430 is already down with them, been there for 2.5 weeks so far, getting the Ohlin's serviced and a problem with the drivers window. Think it is unlikely to be back before Saturday, may not be ready to pick up either.  Depends on when the dampers get back from Mick Gardner racing who are the Ohlin approved service centre.

So may have to take the M100, unless my wife says I can get another car before then. Have showed her a few pics/prices of the Emira i4s  that seem to be in abundant supply in Southampton.

On FB Ian says he is going, -  as long as he gets back safely from his jaunt up north....

Also see the event has appeared on the Cars and Cuppas FB page.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mayevora said:

to wash the old girl

though you had the wonder snow foam to play with.

25 minutes ago, mayevora said:

you want a lift

won't know until later this week, have not heard from them since last Friday. I think it won't be finished in time for collection.

27 minutes ago, mayevora said:

On the way back now. Been driving since 4.15am and hopefully home by about 8pm.

Will have put 1700 miles on the Evora in last 5 days. No idea if I’ll get time to wash the old girl between now and Saturday. May just turn up with it as is - plastered lol.

If you want a lift @exeterjeepdown there let me know.

Mine's absolutely filthy from the Northern Irish weekend and then last weekend's trip to the valley of the rocks... Good news in that it just passed it's MOT and the tester was impressed with my 10k test to test average over the last 3 years :-).  Looking forward to seeing everyone down there.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

though you had the wonder snow foam to play with.

won't know until later this week, have not heard from them since last Friday. I think it won't be finished in time for collection.

I do but snowfoaming in the dark probably isn’t that brilliant lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Had message from SWLC the Ohlin's have still not arrived back with them, although they have paid MGR. So it won't be ready for Saturday. Also not sure about the problem with the drivers window. Anyway will probably take the M100.(or an Evija if one turned up)

• Gold FFM

Gutted that I won’t be there today. Came down with a painful dose of Gout yesterday and can’t put any weight at all on my right foot. I’ll be lying down or feet up until it passes. 😔

Have a good day and I’ll look forward to a few pics later.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Many thanks to SWLC Performance for hosting this event again.  Had a good time and great to catch up with everyone.  You were missed Ian...but I'm afraid Gout is a ailment attracting pointing and laughter however painful it may be for you.  Which over indulgence caused yours?

Delighted to say the Elan got me there and back extraordinarily quickly without missing a beat.  So sort of all good - except I had gone to the trouble of attaching my laptop with Elanscan to capture the misfire that didn't happen all day - best part of 200 miles! 

That Elite is coming on better than new - but the Esprits in the workshop were in an awful state so they've got their work cut out there to make something of the restorations.  Some great cars to gawp at coming and going throughout the day.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM
On 28/09/2024 at 22:55, MPx said:

Which over indulgence caused yours?

And for this exact reason I am getting zero sympathy from Margaret lol - I did have quite a few Scotch’s most nights up in the Highlands last week and there lyes the most likely suspect. 🥃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1