Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2008 Le Man Classic - Page 2 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2008 Le Man Classic

mayevora

we (well the mantle under which we go to this event as weve all got new and classic lotus.....the cheshire lotus owners group CLOG) are going :P

so far on our list are elan s2 s3 s4 and s4 sprint, +2, m100, elite, eclat, excel.......so

as our 'pres' did most of the photos for this event last year and we went with classic and sportscar mag (poss free hospitality and access to the decent bogs) :laughing:

would you guys like to join us for a bit of camping????

we're booked in at maison blanche IIRC..........

it'd be good to get all us lotus guys together in one pitch rather than on the bugatti circuit as we never meet.....just dump your car and off to watch the racing....where as if we were all together we could enjoy a BBQ and beers as a group

just a thought

cheers

G

ps our celebs who should be there and are CLOGies should also be there.....namely derek bell and nick mason...theyre usually good for a giggle......nick for stories of wrecking hotels and dekker for his stories of drivig the track...erm several times :D

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really want to attend this event. Although I have to agree with some of the other chaps that camping is not my preferred option. If that is the general consensus though then I'll go along with It, I'm sure that with enough of us, even staying in a tin shack would be entertaining.

Anyone any reccomendations for hotels etc?

Also anyone any idea of the price for tickets?

As for getting across the channel, I would prefer to go on the ferry, I find it much more civilized than being shot down a tube under the sea, and the crew on the ferries treat anything around that time with kid gloves. They will even put you on the boat in a better place regarding ramps etc. Remember one very low sports car can hold up a ship when it gets grounded. so it is in their interest to treat us well, and yes I used to work on these ships. :)

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Have to say the tunnel crew were good when I went to/from Germany. I ended up behind a Ferrari. They see the car and immediately put you on the lower deck - no ramps to negotiate.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

we did 5 days last year (2006)

ferry, camping, tickets etc all in came to about

• Gold FFM
we did 5 days last year (2006)

ferry, camping, tickets etc all in came to about

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

its about what we paid last time

if you wanna go on the pit wall you'll need a better ticket....... :innocent:

there was also the option of a couple of laps last time......this started at about 50E but when they realised it was quite popular they ammended the price to about 180E IIRC :P

Last time I went to the Classic we drove to the track and parked at the North side where all the cars queue to go on the track. Leaving the car there at the French Lotus Owners plot was optional but it was a chance to do some window licking.

There were somewhere in the region of 1500 911's (spit) :innocent: parked up there too all in a line

Be nice to go on track though :P

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

• Gold FFM
Be nice to go on track though :whistle:

Oh yes, that sounds like a proper hoon. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

Im up for this. Eurohoon, racing and a good craic :cool:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mark,

I really want to attend this. I have not been before, but it is always something that I wanted to do. Have you sorted out accommodation yet? Also I'm not sure how difficult it will be to get tickets and how all that is arranged. I'm trying to persuade my better half that it will be a great event, and I'm slowly winning that battle.

Stuart.

Driving Automotive Aristocracy Since 2004

Hello guys I havn't sorted any accommodation or tickets as yet.Thinking of camping ?Tickets should be no problem had a look on the web yesterday.Would like to go in a group.If we could get some numbers and we can deside which port to leave from.I will try and get some prices together.

Lets get Hoonin. B)

• Gold FFM

Still undecided on this one as too much going on right now, but should know by mid Feb.

we have booked and still have the facility to add to our numbers if people are interested.....

the current list of cars in our 'convoy' includes elans....erm thats it but everything from a 64 S1 to a 91 SE (m100)....S3, S4, SS and +2

let me know and I'll see what our organiser can do

cheers

G

I'm really up for this but really depends as to whether a charity Bike ride across the US comes off.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
I'm really up for this but really depends as to whether a charity Bike ride across the US comes off.

Go to the Classic mate! - besides it'll take you far too long to cycle across the States. :lol: