Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PUK Sport 500 kit - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

PUK Sport 500 kit

Nellie

Hi,

I know Marcus is a regular on here but wanted to gauge opinion from anyone as to the PUK sport 500 performance kit he offers on the website.

If anyone has fitted it, have they done this on a standard gearbox, if so hows it performing.

Also what else have they done in conjunction with this work.

I am considering this as an option as I may have turbo problems, will be removing soon to check, if that's the case will be looking at upgrading at the same time and this is quite a good option as I also have to replace the CAT's

Any comments or views would be appreciated!

Nellie :rofl:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good set of upgrades for the V8, but personally, I think that the kit name is rather mis-leading. I honestly do not believe that this kit gives a dependable 500bhp.

What you are getting is a kit that pulls together a number of complimentary upgrades, but leaves all other engine and transmission components as stock. Performance will certainly be increased in favourable conditions.

I

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

I found this...... a T28 instead of a reflow. Both housings are the same as Lotus but CNC machined to

handle a T28 turbine/compressor blades. Not much lag & a T28 power, better than a reflow and cheaper too.

http://www.mjmturbos.com/LotusV8.htm

It is a good set of upgrades for the V8, but personally, I think that the kit name is rather mis-leading. I honestly do not believe that this kit gives a dependable 500bhp.

What you are getting is a kit that pulls together a number of complimentary upgrades, but leaves all other engine and transmission components as stock. Performance will certainly be increased in favourable conditions.

I

I found this...... a T28 instead of a reflow. Both housings are the same as Lotus but CNC machined to

handle a T28 turbine/compressor blades. Not much lag & a T28 power, better than a reflow and cheaper too.

<a href="http://www.mjmturbos.com/LotusV8.htm" target="_blank">http://www.mjmturbos.com/LotusV8.htm</a>

Just for clarity, "reflow" is just another term used to describe the process of creating a hybrid.

The PUK and R&B hybrids also have their housings machined/ported to accept a T28 compressor wheel. I know because I have compared them.

A few years ago, I asked TurboTechnics in the UK to prepare me some T28 hybrids from the stardard T25 housings. They went as far as they could with the existing hardware. When compared to the R&B ones I have now, the level of porting is identical.

There is no magic here - there is only so much that you can do with the T25 housing. Hybrids are all about compromise. If you want really big peak gains, then you have to move to a bigger physical turbo. Then you have typically more lag - excluding discussions on BB vs. Journal bearings).

To be honest - if I were in the USA, I would opt for the MJM or DynamicRacing ones..... if I were in Europe or UK, then I

Edited by mike_sekinger

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

http://www.mjmturbos.com/LotusV8.htm

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this your company?

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

Mike---Hybrid means two types of turbo family mated together (aka T3-T04E two turbo family). Lotus turbo is a T25.

Porting turbo does not means a HYBRID. iTS AN UPGRADE. yOU CAN PORT THE turbo T25 to T253es, T254es,

T25 63es and still a T25 not a hybrid.

When you up the blades to T28, the process is different but the housing is the same. This requires a CNC machining. You will take a lots of meat, some will crack. Yes! still not a hybrid. If mating to a GT28r compressor or vice versa, then its a hybrid.

<a href="http://www.mjmturbos.com/LotusV8.htm" target="_blank">http://www.mjmturbos.com/LotusV8.htm</a>

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this your company?

I need to apologize... Sanj, Yes its my manufacturing company.

I tried not sell a turbo especially to a lotus friends.

Turbo is very delicate unit, majority of turbo problems are associated

with installations, oiling system, overboosting & abuse. I tried not to burn bridges.

The most abused part too!

I belonged to lots of Lotus club but I restrained selling turbo....never did.

There are times I would like to help, knowing my turbo sells $500.

less than where you can buy it. I can save u lots of money....but not worth sometimes.

I rather sell to a big company like: agricultural diesel machineries, cranes, bulldozers, love boats ships turbo,

locomotive turbo, 18 wheelers, alaskan king crab marine turbo and many other applications.

I know Marcus sells them here....so, I will retract and will not sell it. I will respect his domain.

Again...I apologize.

I will just give tour in my graveyard & sell you a plot for your burial!

http://www.mjmturbos.com/Graveyards.htm

Here is a turbo for drone project http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/SMALLEST.jpg

Edited by BusaNostra

Mike---Hybrid means two types of turbo family mated together (aka T3-T04E two turbo family). Lotus turbo is a T25.

Porting turbo does not means a HYBRID. iTS AN UPGRADE. yOU CAN PORT THE turbo T25 to T253es, T254es,

T25 63es and still a T25 not a hybrid.

When you up the blades to T28, the process is different but the housing is the same. This requires a CNC machining. You will take a lots of meat, some will crack. Yes! still not a hybrid. If mating to a GT28r compressor or vice versa, then its a hybrid.

This is your

Edited by mike_sekinger

I know Marcus sells them here....so, I will retract and will not sell it. I will respect his domain.

Again...I apologize.

Hi - This isn't Marcus's domain at all, it's mine!

We don't allow anyone to sell on here as per the forum rules as it's not an advertisment based forum but if you've got something good to offer our members, I'll not object within reason! :2guns:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

picking back up on 'reflow'.. it can be a ported inlet to allow a larger compressor but can also simply be a trim on the compressor wheel itself. This has become less popular as more options have become available since it can lead to lag, which has become less tolerated in modern delivery, tho a very good mod nonetheless on a twin scroll arrangement but it's got to be done carefully.

agree 'hybird' is usually mating 2 different housings together, not a bore per se to accept a larger compressor wheels.. tho if you speak to the guys at Turbo Dynamics this is exactly what they refer to as a 'hybrid'. Usually hybird is mixing different inlet and outlet housings + port. Hybrid is also sometimes referred to for 360 or roller bearing conversions but that's not strictly correct; but then there is no bible.

jst waiting for Rob R to get in on this :2guns: I'm jst suprised he hasn't tried a variable geo turbo on his yet..

but hey - I found this turbo talk all too much a headache and went and bought a 650bhp n/a v8 :devil:

Edited by M Blur

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

I